19 November 2012

Entertainment These Days

Nothing too exciting going on here lately in the ROK, so I'll just share some random happenings that I find amusing.

First off, I had posted this thing on Pinterest a long time ago about different ways to tie a scarf. I wanted to check it out today since it's cold as shit here now, and I currently only one way to wear a scarf. Anyway, the link was broken so I typed "different ways to tie a scarf" into google, and one from Women's Health magazine came up..."9 Stylish and Easy Ways to Tie a Scarf." It is literally the most useless article I have ever seen. The first option suggested getting a super skinny "scarf" with jewels on it so you look like you have a "rockstar necklace." This was the second option:




Umm, what the hell is going on here? First, who would EVER wear a scarf around their head like that? Second, maybe it's just me, but I want to know ways to wear the scarf around my neck since it is FREEZING outside and that is what scarfs are for...keeping your neck warm. Not your forehead. And last, seriously, wtf is going on with that denim shirt/vest. Heinous.

The third option was to tie it around your wrist. I don't know who is making these articles over at WH, but I think they are confused about what a scarf is. Or maybe it's me. My scarf collection is pretty limited, but no scarf of mine is small enough to be worn around my wrist. The next option was more useful, but the model was wearing a scarf with shorts and a t-shirt. What kind of weather would you wear such an outfit in?

Next was to wrap it around a belt, and after that, "tie a handkerchief around your boot, and voila, a brand-new mood!" Using the term "scarf" pretty loosely, I see. The next was another headwrap situation, telling you to make a casual, headache free headband. Then there was this...



No words for this one. The last one was even worse, something about wrapping two scarves around each other. Seriously, what is going on over at WH? Who thought these were helpful suggestions??

Anyway. That was my Monday night adventure. Very exciting. For some other entertainment, my class told me things they were thankful for today and the list was pretty hilarious. Sausage, koalas, Jesus, flight attendants and eating ham all made it on there. I love this job so much, it's ridiculous. The kids make me laugh so hard. I did paper hand turkeys at the ESL school in LA a few years ago and it was also pretty funny. An ESL Thanksgiving is always a good time.

So that's how I've been entertaining myself lately....scarf tying and 5 year old thankfulness.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment