05 October 2015

New Favorite Things!

GUYS.

Has anyone been watching "The Late, Late Show with James Corden???" Am I super late to the party? I just recently discovered this show while I was at home. Once I got over my jetlag, when I was going to bed at 5:00 in the afternoon, I went back to my late night ways. I started watching Stephen Colberts new show and this comes on after. And as a side story, I love Colbert, but I personally don't watch late night TV for political awkwardness. I realize most people love this stuff and want to see politicians in uncomfortable situations, but if I wanted that, I would watch the debates.

ANYWAY! After muting most of Colbert, James came on and OH MY GOSH, he is SO hilarious! I had never even heard of him but I am so so pleased I have discovered him. I did some poking around on the internet and apparently he's already quite famous! Sometimes I forget that living in Korea is kind of like living in a little Western pop culture hole and I miss out on a lot of whatever is goin gon over at home. Sometimes this is a wonderful thing, and sometimes it makes me look super uncool. Anyway, I am really enjoying the Late Late so...he seems like such a genuine goober! Everyone who knows me knows I am a HUGE fan of goobers, so this show is right up my alley! I just wanted to share with everyone my new favorite clip, because sharing is caring and I figured the 3 people that read this could use a good laugh.



I needed a good laugh because I also just finished "The Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkins and it was intense. Wow. Just before that I had read the second Cormoran Strike book, "The Silkworm," by Robert Galbraith/JK Rowling (why does she use a pseudonym when everyone knows it's her?) and holy crap, that was also quite intense with the murder and the mystery. I am usually not a mystery fan, but both of these books were good reads. I think I'm going to avoid mysteries for a bit, however. I remember now that I don't like reading them because 1. They usually involve depressing subject matter (murder) and 2. Once I get started, I HAVE to finish it. I'll stay up all night and make myself crazy trying to finish. Now that I read most of my books on a Kindle, I can't really skip ahead to the end as easily so I have get through it.

Anyway, I recommend all these things if you are looking for some entertainment. It's almost 10:00pm here and the jetlag is hitting hard, so I'll be signing off now.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment