14 January 2013

New Year

Oh me, oh my, two weeks into 2013 and no post! My life has been pretty boring as of late, so nothing too exciting to say about the New Year.

My 2013 started off pretty shitty, but things have improved. I'm hoping it's not a sign of things to come, but I'm thinking not, since it was mainly due to drunken misunderstandings and jerks. Contrary to popular belief, I don't really get drunk enough for misunderstandings that often. And I plan to weed out the jerks, so other than that guy, life is currently jerk-free.

Anyway, I can't believe I've almost been here a year! Next month will be my "Koriversary" and I will have gone through all the seasons in this lovely country. It has gone by so unbelievably fast! I have decided to stay another year, so I'm really excited about that. Obviously, I really like it here and am going to stay at my school and all that jazz.

It blows my mind how far my precious Cherry class as come. I am actually a little nervous for next year because I'll have to start all over with kids that don't speak any English! I know I can do it, but it is going to take some serious readjusting since my class is so smart and wonderful now. But that can be discussed further when the time comes.

For now, I am just focusing on getting through this winter. It has been a struggle! Luckily, it hasn't snowed in a few weeks, but there are still piles of snow all over the place! It's too cold for them to melt! Insanity! At home, the rare times it does snow, it comes and goes within a few days. I wish that were the case here. Mainly, I am getting tired of wearing the same wintery clothes ALL the time. I mean, I wear different shirts and stuff, but it really doesn't matter because always wearing the same jacket. I have one heavy duty winter jacket and one or two pea coat type things. Sometimes I get crazy and wear the pea coat, even though it's still heavy duty jacket weather. Obviously, I pay for it, but sometimes I just can't handle wearing it another day. Also, I have been wearing leggings under my jeans most days and that sucks a lot...makes me feel like I put on 10 pounds over night. Again, sometimes I convince myself it's ok not to wear them and by the time I get to work (a 10 minute walk), I am regretting that decision. Same with shoes. I am so sick of my winter boots, but I've learned the hard way that tennis shoes, TOMS and basically any other shoe doesn't really keep out the cold. Even when you're hearing thick socks. Damn.

So yeah, that's pretty much my life now...figuring out ways to stay warm and not look completely frumpy and horrible while doing it. Usually I just give up and frump it up because it is just too damn cold. The highest high this week is 39...above freezing at least...but the lowest low is 15, so I'll guess I'll be sticking with the frump master look for now.

That's it for me. Excited because I have a busy week ahead of me. Yall know how I love/have some weird desperate need to always have plans. Or maybe you didn't, haha. Oh well.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment