21 January 2013

Stupid Monday

I know how to start a week off right. It's raining, it's freezing, my nose will not stop running and I have an itchy rash all over my body! Heck yes, what a great Monday it has been!

Apparently I had an allergic reaction to something I ate. I thought it was from the cold medicine I took, but the doctor thinks it was food. I don't remember eating anything unusual, but I'm staying away from dairy for the next few days. Which is hard, and somewhat depressing. Cheese is so good. I did eat some sour cream that was a little questionable in terms of freshness, so I'm hoping that was it and once it's thrown away, I won't have to worry about it anymore. I REALLY hope so, because this itchy rash business is no fun at all. I have medicine to take and was directed to take it "after meals," so now I'm just debating if popcorn and jelly beans counts as a meal. Thoughts? I'm guessing no so I'll probably make a sandwich soon. I really don't want to make anything, but the kimbap store is too far to walk to in the rain. Sad times for me.

Anyway, nothing else exciting going on. Had a weird weekend..I just wanted to sleep but I had a lot to do Saturday so I was running around all day. This is usually how my life works. When I have nothing to do, I'm bored and wishing the opposite, which is the majority of the time. The few times I have a busy weekend schedule, I feel like nonsense and want to spend the day in bed. Anyway, I had to work in the morning...it was like an orientation type thing for new students that are coming next year. Normally I don't really mind doing extra work, but I heard that our PSA is the only branch to do a Saturday orientation and now I'm angry. One, why at 10? That is too damn early..and two, why not in the afternoon like all the other schools? Our school is the smallest branch in the company so sometimes I think it has little man syndrome and feels like it has to prove itself all the time. No no school, you are doing just fine, let's chill out a little bit.

These things are always kind of awkward because the parents are there and it's like the foreign teacher show. It's always fine, in the end, but I always feel uncomfortable acting like a goober in front of 1. kids that are super shy and don't want to participate (probably because they have no idea what I'm saying and 2. parents that also show little to no enthusiasm (also because they don't know what I'm saying). I've learned to just tune everyone out and just try to have fun. I'm sure I look like a crazy person but whatever. The school already made us wear these ridiculous giant bows so I looked stupid by default. Might as well go with it. There was one really bad kid, but the rest were ok. It's also hard to discipline when the parents are right there. You can't be too harsh, and I kept thinking the mom would get him under control, but no, she just sat there in her mink coat and looked unaffected. There were one or two kids that participated and the other 6 just sat and stared. Good fun.

Anyway, hoping I don't have the punk kid in my class next year, but we'll see. My fingers are crossed...cross yours as well please. Also cross your fingers that this allergic reaction chills out..I'm over it.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment