05 January 2014

2014: The Year of Travel

2014 is off to a FANTASTIC start. Here is how I rang it in:


First, my friend I went to a random Japanese restaurant, where we got curry chicken nuggets, french fries and free fish cakes. YUM. 


Then we ordered this, thinking it was alcoholic since it said "Sparkling Cider" on the menu, but it was really just $4 apple juice. So then my boy came to meet us and we made him smuggle in soju. He was very concerned about this, since bringing in outside beverages is "illegal." Don't worry, no one went to jail.

 

That meal sucked, so we went to a second meal, of galbi, which is always a delight. 

When second dinner was over, it was still only 11 and my friend wanted to go home since she was sick, so she did. The boy, like most Koreans, think it is fun and romantic to go to norebang (karaoke in a private room) with just two people and that is what he wanted to do. I personally think it's awful and really only enjoy it when I'm drunk and with at least 6 other people, but I figured I should start the new year being nice and agreeable, so off we went. Plus, it was either that or go home. 


He's really into it. 


Seriously. I'm trying to be cute and he's all, I'm trying to sing, woman!

New Years isn't really a big thing here, so he wasn't concerned about the countdown. So I forgot about it and didn't even realized it had passed until we were 5 minutes into 2014. But whatever, I'm fine with it. I'm old now and things are awesome so far. Then I sang "Crazy" by Britney Spears and had a grand ole time, sober and all. 

Then, Thursday I went back to work and guess what!? It actually made me REALLY happy. I mean, how lucky am I that I actually enjoy going back to work after a holiday? I loved seeing my babies and co-workers, and I can't lie, I like having a schedule and things to do. I had 5 days off when I got back from the Philippines and too much down time makes me hella lazy and then I get restless. Feeling good these days. 

I've also decided this year is going to be the year of travel. I know, you're thinking, Jacky, you traveled a lot last year, what on earth on you talking about? Yes, you're right, I did and it was awesome. However, this year I want to take advantage of ALL the holidays and go somewhere awesome for every one. I also want to plan ahead because last year I did everything last minute and that was stupid. Planning for Buddha's birthday NOW, who's in?!

Speaking of last minute, I am not off to the greatest start on that, but I'm working on it. I thought I found an awesome deal on a trip to Hong Kong, but I had the dates wrong so that was all wrong. Then I tried calling Ethiopian Airlines and it turned into such an annoying hassle because they have the WORST customer service. You suck, Ethiopian Airlines. Kayak, you do too! Quit telling me there is a $200 flight when THERE IS NOT! Doing it pretty last minute is a stupid, and expensive thing to do since the entire country has vacation, so tons of people are booking flights. I stayed up until 5 am Friday night trying to find a ticket on LITERALLY every single airline that flies into Hong Kong, but EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. was sold out. So working on a new plan. Boo. 

But for some good news, this year I have already acquired two things for free that I was thisclose to purchasing. A coat rack and a kettle, if you're interested. I also found a pair of pants that actually fit me in this country! Granted, I feel like a fatty because it was the largest size in the store, but whatever. We'll also see how they hold up because last time I bought pants I thought fit, they actually stretched out too much for me to wear.  Also, this weekend was awesome since I went to a PUPPY CAFE (more in a later post) and cleaned the hell out of my apartment. Feeling so accomplished. Joining the gym tomorrow and am going to make the most out of these last 8 weeks with my babies. I also bought a kindle and a super cute case for it, as well as a new passport and phone case for like $8 on ebay. Who knows what the future has in store! I seriously can't wait. 

Dream big, people! 

(a break between songs)

No comments:

Post a Comment