08 January 2014

Puppy Cafe

Oh. My. Goodnes. I cannot believe I have lived in this country for almost two years and just now went to my first puppy cafe. It was THE BEST THING EVER. Basically, you go to a cafe, buy a drink and play with dogs for however long you want. SO FABULOUS. It made me want to adopt a dog SO bad! Or I will go back to the cafe every day for the rest of my life. 

The one I went to was near Gangnam station and was actually very big. There were dogs of all sizes there, and lots of different kinds. We bought a coffee and literally just sat there playing with dogs for like, 2 hours. THE. BEST. I also bought some treats, so then obviously all the dogs flock to you, which was amazing. However, most of them get bored with you if you don't have treats and not all of them were super friendly, so that was a little sad. I did, however, find a few that loved me just as much as I loved them so we hung out and became the best of friends. My favorite was the little brown one in the last picture, but he was having none of it. He didn't really like being touched and I had to persuade him with treats and have my friend snatch him up so I could hold him. We took the picture and then he squirmed off. I still thought he was the cutest, even though he was a total jerkface. Typical.

However, that little tiny one in the first picture did love me (he had on a sweater that said "Hug Me," so I did) and we hung out for quite a bit. Gah, it was just so lovely, I can't even tell you. For the most part, I love dogs, contrary to popular belief. Let me rephrase, I love most dogs, namely, small cute ones. And I really don't like dogs that are super slobberly. The slobber grosses me out. Also, once my step-dad had a boxer and I really didn't like that dog at all. God rest her soul, she was ugly as sin and super annoying. Anyway, it's really on a dog to dog basis, like most things in my life. I'm picky about pretty much everything, dogs are no exception. 

Point is, I loved most of the dogs at this place and now I want one of my own. Financially, logistically and realistically, this would be a horrible decision for my life right now. I am not poor, but I want to spend all my money on traveling, not vets and dog food. Plus I would have to figure out what to do with him/her when I do travel. I also don't always go home right after school and often get home around 10 or 11:00 at night, which would be terrible for an animal.  Also, my apartment is TINY. It's only one room, so that means I wouldn't have anywhere to put a dog if I needed a break from it, or if it needed to stop chewing on all my shit. So yeah, a terrible idea but man oh man, they are so cute and a little tiny puppy would make me SO happy. I might try to foster one and see how it goes. 

So that was my awesome puppy-filled Saturday. All the puppies you can play with by just buying a $6 coffee. YES PLEASE. Come visit! We'll go together!

Dream big people!










No comments:

Post a Comment