16 June 2008

Ignorance is not bliss

So this weekend wasn't bad...it just had a an incident that kind of tainted the rest of it. I went out to Folly Beach on Saturday for a friends birthday, which I never do. Mainly because Folly Beach is far, it's crowded and parking is a bitch. I would rather go to Sullivan's, park at my dads, and walk to the beach, knowing I will not get a parking ticket...even if I do have to go by myself. But whatever, it was a friends birthday, she wanted to go to Folly, so that is where I went. And my stupid self thought I found this great parking spot, only to come back to a car with a ticket on it. And not just a $30 ticket for parking in a prohibited area, but a freaking TWO HUNDRED dollar ticket for parking within 15 feet of a fire hydrant. I mean, are you serious?! Ok, yes, I was a moron for not even realizing that was not allowed, but come on, $200?! That is craziness! I mean, most places are really good about having signs for where you can and can't park..but not so with Folly. I think that is how the town makes most of their money in the summer, is with parking violations because I saw a ton of cars with tickets. So yeah, I'm a little upset and am going to try my best to get it reduced. I can think of a hundred things I would rather do with $200 than pay a parking ticket. Ugh, so that sucked a lot.

BUT, good news! This is a couple days later and I got that shit dropped! YAY! Long story, but basically I met a really nice police officer on Sullivan's that knew some people on Folly and a dozen doughnuts later, I got the ticket dropped. WHEW. Thank goodness, cause $200 is a ridiculous amount of money to be paying for a parking ticket.

Moving on, we had our first softball game Monday and honestly, we didn't do that bad. We only had 6 players, so that hurt us a little, especially in the outfield. It's kind of funny because JC and I are super serious about the team and we discuss it like the games matter. We had some pretty good hits and we got three outs in an inning! Now you're thinking, um, duh jacky, that is how the inning ends. Not so in machine pitch my friend. With kids this young, you just run through the batting line up and then the inning is over. And the ump was impressed with us becaus he said he's never seen a team get three outs in an inning. Oh yeah, that's right...and we only had 6 players bitches! Mills Brothers Heating and Air ROCKS! Another game tonight, we'll see how it goes.

So I've been watching Katt Williams lately and that shit is SO funny. Go check it out. He is kind of a potty mouth and it's a little in your face, but it is still really funny.

I would say more, but nothing else is really going on and besides, I got shit to do today n***a.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment