26 June 2008

Days Like This

First off, "Days Like This" is one of my very favorite Van Morrison songs. It's a good one. Even though I get confused about the lyrics because I can't decide if he is talking about the day (like this one) as a good day or a bad day. I think it's supposed to be about a good day, but I can't be sure. I like to think it is though, because when I listen to it, it makes my day better.

Moving on, this past week has been a plethora of emotions. I have been on quite the rollercoaster of feelings. And I'm not going to lie, I don't like it at all. Let me start at the very beginning (because it's a very good place to start). I had the BEST weekend. Seriously, it was so fabulous. I journeyed to Atlanta with Jean, where we met up with Mary and Katrina..so yay, the suite was back together again! And we all got along really well, there was no drama, no awkwardness (ok, so maybe a little) and just overall fabulouslessness. The four of us hung out by ourselves Friday and then Saturday we went to Nate's (Katrina's boyfriend) pool and hung out with some other cool PC people that live in the area. And that was fabulous as well. The weather was perfect, the pool was fun and it was a really great group of people. Some of my favorite people, actually. And it was especially nice because in the past, things have been somewhat weird with some of the people, but all that was gone and there was nothing but drunken good times. It was kind of just like college...which isn't bad at all, because I won't lie-I really miss college (sometimes). Then we all went dancing that night which, duh, is my favorite thing ever, so you know I was in heaven...I made it a place on Earth. hahahaha, yes. Um, so anyways, all in all, it was such a good weekend and I was seriously depressed when I had to leave. Jean and I drove back to Columbia, where I got in my car and literally teared up. Right, so pathetic. But it just made me so sad because I was going back to my real life where my favorite people aren't and life in general is just not as fun.

Don't get me wrong-I do enjoy my life here in Charleston...I love my little house (come visit, ahem, SARAH), and the weather is great and I LOVE going to be the beach...but I just get so down sometimes. I think it's because I let myself get overwhelmed with thinking about what I am supposed to be doing...like starting my career. But I don't know what my career is supposed to be! Ah! It's all very lame. Also, I have let a certain someone back into my life and that is making things crazy, just as it was before. I apparently have blocked some memories cause I was all, yay, a boy is back in the picture. But, that was dumb because I forgot about all the stupid drama that comes along with the opposite sex. And it's about the dumbest shit too..mainly miscommunictaion and stubborness. Then it causes problems and I get all crazy thinking about it and then I finally say something and it turns out to be some huge misunderstanding and then I'm all, wtf?! why didn't I say something sooner, this all could have been avoided. And then I'm like, well no, why didn't YOU(boy) say something sooner. And here we go again. Stupid, stupid drama.

So yeah, I have been bouncing around between yay, good weekend, I love my friends to uggghhh, I need a new life and boys are dumb. I need some middle ground asap. I think things are finally starting to level out today though. And I have high hopes for this weekend. Next week is going to suck because I'm going to be back to working by myself (long story, more later, I'm PISSED), so I have to figure out a way to stay happy or someone might get bitch slapped at the pee farm.

Anyways, feel free to leave cheerful messages next week. Also, feel free to come VISIT...esp if, I don't know, you've been saying you were going to for the last three months and still haven't made it happen. Just saying.

Later dudes.

PS-HOW I could forget about this little gem, I don't know, but we had a super fabulous client come in today. His name was.....(drumroll please)....MISTER WRIGHT. I swear on all things holy that was his real name.

1 comment:

  1. i like how honest you are on your blog...like you're really writing for yourself.

    yay you!

    have a good weekend pookie face. and I'm counting down the days until I get to come to the 80s party!

    ReplyDelete