06 July 2009

Arriverderci

Oh my! So much has happened in the last couple of days! Last week of camp! Insane! I can't beleive it's all over and now I am chilling in Athens.

First things first. LO SPETTACOLO. What a ridiculous mess that was. But it turned out ok though. I called my portion of the show "Crazy Circus: The Musical." Everyone else's portion had lots of lines and characters and a plot...but I couldn't be bothered with all that. So we just sang two songs instead. Video is coming, don't you worry. The whole show in general just cracked me up. One, because this show was waaaayyyy more involved than the show at my last camp and two, the kids are just so funny to watch! And listening to the things they say (or try to say) in English is hysterical. This show had costumes, music, dance numbers, the whole works. And it was a good hour and 15 minutes long. The camp in Carpi was about 25. Maybe. Also, we had a 20 minute sermon thanks to Don Bosco and friends before the show started. So that was some good times.

In other news, my Italian family had a Fourth of July dinner for me on Thursday and it was the cutest/greatest thing ever! We had hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, and french fries...the whole deal. The only thing missing were fireworks! It was great, they were so thoughtful! And they got something called "hamburger sauce" from the German grocery store that turned out to be the sauce that comes on Big Macs. I was not a huge fan, but the family loved it! It even got put on paninis the next day.

So anyways, I am really tired now and don't have the energy to continue recapping the rest of my time in Italy. In short, I can't believe it's over and I was really sad to leave Italy and all the wonderful people I met there. I still can't get over how incredibly nice and cool everyone I met and stayed with was.

Now I am in Greece with my Greek family for the next couple of months and they are just as fabulous. Their house is AMAZING, they are incredible and the kid, Panayotis is such a goober! I think we are going to get along great. We leave for the beach house in Strava on Tuesday and am I super pumped about that! I am ready to get my tan back! The only problem is the crazy langauge! I know two things in Greek: hello and thank you. I was just getting good at Italian and now I'm here where they don't even use the same letters! Thank goodness my family's English is awesome!

More later (pictures too!) when I can think straight!

Ciaoooo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jacquelyn, when you were in Italy, have you seen Bologna?
    It's my city, the capital of italian food!

    Ciao!

    Eugenio

    ReplyDelete