20 October 2009

I do, I do, I do-ooooo

Wedding week!!!

Is over :( But it was so super fun! I'm just sad now because everyone left me and now I don't have anything to look forward to. But let's focus on the positive for now.

So JC got here last Monday and the party got started. Only not really because there is not much to do here as far as bars and clubs go, but it was still fun hanging out. Then Aus and Luke (the bride and groom) and Luke's brother came Tuesday and the Villa got really happening. The rest of the week was spent with me following around Austin, trying to be helpful and remain calm while she spazzed out over various situations. Wednesday and Thursday were mainly spent shopping and trying to tie up some loose ends. We had the bachelorette party on Thursday night and that was super fun. There were a really interesting mix of people there, including my grandmother and a blow up doll, Rico. And lots of booze. And a list of things for Austin to do that included doing the Macarena onstage by herself, wearing a bra over her eyes, collecting 10 pairs of underwear...with her teeth, and lots of other completely ridiculous and hilarious activities. And somehow she managed to do it all. It was really fun, but apparently Thursday night is not the big night to go out in Tampa, because there were very few people out with us. We were pretty much the only in the piano bar we went to and the club we went to was empty until a fraternity showed up with their dates and it turned into a frat party, which made me feel really old.

Friday was more partying, as well as Saturday at the rehearsal dinner. And Sunday was the BIG DAY! And sadly, it was really windy and really cold...no good for a beach wedding. Liz and I hung out with the bride all day, starting things off in the hot tub. Then we laid around for a while and around noon, we were like, oh, Aus is getting married...maybe we should shower or something. So we did and then some serious spazzing started. But, everything worked out and Aus looked absolutely beautfiul. Seriously. Gorgeous. We had the wedding on the beach and other than it being freezing (I was afraid my tears would freeze on my face), nothing went wrong. And then came the reception. And that shit was crazy. And soooo much fun. We ate and then just danced our asses off. Luke's family is Polish so they had this crazy Polish wedding dance where the bride dances in the middle and people pay to dance with her, as well as get a shot. And later, when we were counting the money, I found out it's tradition to tie the money up in knots or some other crazy crumply thing. That turned out to be somewhat annoying as money is kind of difficult to untie. Anyways, after everyone dances with the bride, the groom tries to bust through all the people dancing around her to get to her. It was really really fun and funny to watch.

However, the best part was definitely when they played Thriller and everyone had their own moves to show off. And Luke's dad, who the call the Hammer, did the monster and it was freaking hysterical. Especially since I think I had heard him speak maybe two times the entire week. It was super fabulous.

So then it was all over and I spent Monday trying to recover, spent Tuesday playing taxi and cab and today being sad because everyone is really gone.

But, I think I am going to do some traveling in the next two weeks and then head back to Charleston. After that I need to figure out what I'm doing, but I've got some ideas and things are looking up. I'll keep you posted.

Check out the wedding pics on facebook, they are awesome! Later dudes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment