04 December 2009

Working Machine

I am back to my old ways of multiple jobs. Which isn't a bad thing, because I like being busy. However, it does mean more encounters with the public, which is not my favorite thing in the world. But, we are going to think positive because it does mean I get three paychecks and though they are small, it's still real money. Three months of no job has taken it's toll on my bank account and I would like to see more happening on the deposit side of my account. It is currently dominated by the withdrawal side and it's really just kind of depressing. I also can't control my spending. I try to just avoid going in stores but sometimes it can't be helped. Today I went to Michaels and had a freaking field day. There are so many cute things in there and I bought all this ridiculously cute stuff to make Christmas cards with. Then I kept seeing things I could make/buy for gifts and I just couldn't not buy them. So really, I'm being totally selfless because I'm buying gifts. Ok, that's kind of a stretch because I bought myself something too, but I like to put a positive spin on things.

And although I'm pretty sure it's wishful thinking, I would like to think that after this year, my time at really stupid jobs are over. I do not like being trained by ridiculous people that think I am an idiot just because I am taking a part time job. I can read and I also know how to count change. Tonight my new boss literally read my contract aloud to me and then asked at least four times if I knew how to make change in my head JUST in case I hit the button on the cash register too soon and the amount I am supposed to give as change goes away. And then he asked if my mind was blown after he explained how to make a transaction AND issue a refund in the span of 10 minutes. I mean, it was A LOT to process, but somehow my mind stayed intact. UGH. People. I need to dust off that resume and get it looking nice and impressive for LA.

In other news, today I shot a handgun, a shotgun and a rifle. At targets, not people. Pretty sure I wasn't anywhere close to hitting the targets, but it was still pretty exciting. I also tried to have a nice discussion about food with my dad and brother and they just were not having it. Apparently they are not as into discussing where they like to eat as much as I am. I need Katrina for that. Also, we didn't really agree on what's good and what's not. They have bad taste, I don't. It was difficult.

I'm back to my old woman ways of going to bed early and not being interested in leaving the house. I think it's the cold weather. I HATE COLD WEATHER. I am seriously going to look into moving somewhere near the equator permanently. Who's with me? And don't tease me because I really want to do it.

In the meantime, I am roadtripping to PC next week and I'm really pumped. You should be too.

Adios amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment