20 June 2011

Blast of Your Time

Whoa, what a weekend! I seriously feel like Saturday was like, 2 weeks ago. I went up to Santa Barbara for a wedding and it was just so fantastic.

First off, I love weddings. Secondly, Santa Barbara, while slightly cloudy, is so beautiful. And thirdly, I was with super fun people and had a really really great time.

The couple were friends of a friend that I have hung out with on multiple occasions and they are both hilarious, nice, really good looking people. I got the invite last weekend from the bride...I loved how she sold it to me. I was honored to be invited, but she was like, well if you want to come, there's going to be a buffet. Like I needed convincing! It got better when the groom chimed in with, yeah, and a six hour open bar! Uh, sold. I'll be there, thanks. It's even better if you know these two because food is extremely important to them...as is drinking. But I think eating is first.

Anyway, the whole thing was just great. Most of my friends were in the wedding, so I hung out with the people that weren't which was interesting and we ended up getting to the ceremony crazy early and got to witness a bevy of segway riders cruising through just before the ceremony started. Like, wtf people? Go segway somewhere else! Luckily nothing crazy came through while the ceremony was going on. Everyone, especially the bride, looked so beautiful and she had the coolest little veil. It was right near the beach, so it was so gorgeous and everything was just lovely. Also, they walked out to "Barbara Streisand." Hilarious. Then, of course the buffet and open bar started afterwards and things got really fun. At first, I was a little confused at the ceremony because they only wanted house music played at the reception, so I was like, um, how is this going to work? Wedding dance music is it's own special category and this house music business was blowing my mind. I shouldn't have been surprised with this group of people, but I thought, surely at a wedding they'll have some normal music. But no and it was surprisingly awesome. Fun to dance to and pretty hilarious. And so fitting for the couple and all their friends.

I had so much fun and ate SO much food, I made myself a little sick. Had to sit down and recover for a little while. I was not the only person though. I also took full advantage of the open bar and am kind of surprised I didn't die. Not kidding. I ate and drank an insane amount and was pretty much fine the next morning. I got zero sleep as well since I was in a room with 4 other people, 2 of which were snoring very loudly the entire night. The other 3 of us were laughing at them and one had the nerve to wake up and tell us to be quiet. Rude!

So that was my Saturday. So much fun. And now, just FIVE short days until I am HOME! I seriously cannot freaking WAIT! My party on Sunday is going to be so much fun, a mini high school reunion of sorts, with all kinds of other randoms. (PS-anyone is welcome...come on down!) and then a wedding on the 2nd which will be a mini college reunion. Some people I don't care to see, but the others will cancel them out for sure. Can't waiiiiitttttt!!!!  Going to bed super early to recover and also to hurry up and get the week over with! For now, watching Pop Up Video to pass the time.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment