13 August 2011

I know you're not touching my mannequin!

Wowzers!

1. That is a stupid thing to say.
2. I have not blogged in so long! And I am so very sorry. I'm sure you guys have just been dying. I'm here to ease your pain. You're welcome.

Anyway, I am currently at the Days Inn in San Diego and my computer is connected to the internet for the first time in two weeks. Hooray! I got new roommates (what a mess) and we still haven't gotten around to setting up the new internet account. I've tried dropping hints to my extremely positive new roommate, but she doesn't seem to be getting it. That's ok. But it would be helpful. Just saying.

Ok, as a little side note. I'm watching "Family Guy" in the hotel and I would like to know if I am the only person that just doesn't really get this show. I have some friends out here that are really into this show, as well as a few other shows that are generally regarded as fantastic and hilarious, but I"m just not on board. Things like Seinfield, Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Simpson's. Just me? That's ok, I guess. I've noticed lately that I am getting quite stupid and uninteresting in comparison to the rest of the world. I find the simple things funny. Like Jimmy Fallon and that Axe commercial where she's all, I know you're not touching my mannequin! Play on words. Love it.

Back to life. So last weekend I was in Vegas. It so fantastically hot, I didn't want to leave the poolside. Then it was back to LA where it's depressingly chilly for August. Don't want to beat a dead horse, but uughh, WHY? Anyway, this week I went to Universal Studios and after driving around in a 15 passenger van on the 405 and through town, I decided I was officially over LA. I have since calmed down but yeah, LA traffic is really really stupid and annoying. I also got mad because I held the door open for like, 5 people and fucking NO ONE said thank you. Come on, assholes! Where are your manners? Oh, and I saw 'Friends with Benefits' and it was SO terrible. So so so terrible. Unbelievably cliche, forced and predictable. Very angry I spent money to see it. Oh oh, AND, I got carded to see it! I know I look young, but not even 18? Jeeeeez.

Moving along, Wednesday we went to the Getty Center and it was so lovely. My hatred for LA subsided a little because it was so pretty and calm. The calm is what I loved the most. There are very few places in LA that are chill and don't have a bazillion people wandering around. There were a lot of people, but not Santa Monica Pier a lot of people and for that, I was grateful. I have been noticing, however, that everywhere I go, there is pretty much no one speaking English. It's probably because I'm going to the most touristy places possible but I feel like I never hear people speaking English. And, because I'm around non native speakers literally, every day, I find myself now talking to everyone like they don't really understand what I'm saying. Anyone who's ever spent a significant amount of time talking to someone that doesn't speak English that well knows what I'm talking about and will hopefully understand that I'm not being mean, it's actually a thing. Whatever, I'm going to stop with this train of thought because I sound bitchy.

Speaking of being bitchy, I have been super bitchy lately. This is not completely unjustified since some people suck REALLY BAD but I've decided I'm going to try really hard to be more friendly. I remember, once upon a time, I was a nice, funny person. Not necessarily super happy, positive or friendly but definitely better than this current version of myself. Trying to improve.

Thursday, I was shocked to discover that NO ONE wanted to go to the fair and see a Michael Jackson tribute concert!! I didn't understand that at all! I was pretty sad I didn't get to go, but my alternate Thursday night plans turned out to be pretty fantastic.

Annnd, now I'm super tired. Pretty pumped about sleeping in my hotel room bed. I LOVE staying in hotels! Thanks for sticking with me through this ridiculous post.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment