14 August 2011

You showed your ass

I am really feeling that new Beyonce song, Best Thing I Never Had. She's such a bad ass. I'm not a HUGE fan, I like most of her stuff, but she is a BAMF for sure and I just love how much attitude she has in that song. I also enjoy how it describes every person I've ever dated. Well, that one anyway. Hahaha...I also really love how she's like, sucks to be you right now. I'm pretty sure any girl that has been screwed over by some stupid boy has also taken it on as their personal anthem. Woo hoo, girl power! Sorry boys, but as Mrs. Banks says, "though we adore men individually we agree that as a group they're rather stupid." Amen. Also, they are individually stupid. But some are cute and nice and Swiss and can be ok.

Anyway. Getting carried away. Had a Mary Poppins filled day and it's a pretty good way to spend the day. After a somewhat unsuccessful attempt to sleep in, I decided to treat myself to the musical May Poppins that is playing here in San Diego. I even bought myself a good seat. Normally I cheap seat it, but I went for floor seats this time. Worth it! The play was so fantastic! I loved it all, even the scary toys coming alive scene. I never read the book, but that is next on my list. Everything was great, including the two older ladies I sat next to and chatted it up with, but discluding the two goober kids sitting next to me talking and moving all over the place. I loved it all, even if I did have to go by myself. The chimney sweep song was SO good! I have a special place in my heart for them, now that I got birthday shout outs from them at Disneyland. Then she flies out over the audience, it was so great. I loved it so much, I came back to the hotel and watched the movie online. This is after I went to dinner by myself. I'm sure doing things alone builds character, but it's kind of lame. I like to talk to people...people I already know. Though I am trying this new friendly thing, I am not great at chatting it up with strangers unless they talk to me first. Anyway, Mary Poppins is just such a great movie. I loved it as a kid and I might love it even more now. Julie Andrews is the greatest, Dick Van Dyke is also great and the I love to laugh song is one of the best. I just can't say enough good things about it. And since I'm beginning to sound a bit like a Disney fanatic these last couple of posts, I'll stop with that.

So, now I'm once again just chilling in the hotel room. The girls all left me for Sea World and Coronado Island...my other plans fell through, so here I am. But I'm ok with it. It's been nice to just chill since I haven't had a lot of time to do that lately. Also, I have internet and TV which I no longer have at home so it's like a real vacation! Plus the weather sucks here too so I didn't feel like going to the beach. The hotel we are in rocks though, and I feel like a total grown up staying in a room by myself with it's mini coffee machine and fridge. Love it! I normally am all for going out and seeing things, but my desire for putting a lot of effort into sightseeing has gone down significantly. Especially when I have to coordinate everything and answer a million questions with "I don't know." No, I'm sorry, I don't know if the restaurant we're going to has pink lemonade. I don't know how many whales are at Sea World and I don't know which tour is better to take, I've never been on either. Sometimes I don't even know why they ask me things. This morning, they were like, how long does it take to drive to Sea World? I said, I don't know maybe 20 minutes? They said, oh, the man downstairs (the hotel desk person) said 10-15. Like, why are you asking me then? The desk person probably knows much better than me. They also asked which tour I thought they should take. I said the one where the car turns into a boat and goes into the water because that seemed cool. They said, oh, well it's probably cold on the water so we'll do the other one. Alright then, glad you got my opinion on it anyway.

They so crazy. But they make me laugh when I'm not in a bad mood and I'm trying really hard to remember how lucky I am. Getting better.

Really looking forward to going home tomorrow so I think I'll call it a night.

Dream big people! And feed the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment