14 May 2012

Free stuff, FTW!

Today was awesome! It started off crappy, with rain and a frustrating morning meeting, but it improved 1000% by the end of the day.

Bad stuff first. Apparently it is a big no no for parents to give us presents. Even though it's teachers day AND the school didn't give us anything AND we work really hard AND we don't get paid all that much. But whatever. I'm not saying I deserve anything extra, but I think if the parents want to give us something, they should be able to do that. But no, the company makes this big deal and tells the parents to not give us gifts and today we were told that we would get punished for accepting them. They think we are going to show favoritism to kids whose parents give us gifts or some bullshit like that. Again, not that I expect to be showered in gifts, but I really don't think giving me a small token of appreciation is going to change my opinion of your child. It's especially frustrating because they don't even get grades or anything! I really just don't even understand how favoritism would even be shown. Like, would I start giving an excessive amount of high fives and hugs to one kid because his parents gave me a gift certificate? No. That is ridiculous. And the even more ridiculous part is that our supervisor was saying that some of the parents are sneaky and will offer up the present and then tattle on us if we keep it. They'll tell the other parents and look down on us. WHAT THE FUCK PEOPLE?! Seriously the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I haven't had to deal first hand with any total crazy parents yet, but some of the stories I've heard have made them sound straight up psycho. Some were at the school spying on a teacher the other day! Not looking forward to my turn. Today I did get some cookies and apparently we are only allowed to keep presents we can eat. Which makes zero sense because it's still a form of "bribing" if that's how you want to look at it and furthermore, I don't want to keep the edible presents because I'm trying to lose weight AND Korean sweets are the least appetizing thing ever. So dammit. Additionally, I think it would be kind of rude to just give a present. Like, thanks for your thoughtfulness, but no thanks. Whatever. Spent too long on the bad news.

The good news! Lots of it! I found the Subway today! And it tasted the same as at home! Yay, got my sandwich fix. Also, our principal agreed to let my friend and I host Zumba classes in the gym after school some days. This is going to be hilarious and awesome. Zumba is super fun and while I have a great time with my one woman Zumba party in my room, it's kind of small and lonely. So having it in the gym will be nice. Also, doing it with other people will be really fun. It might be a little hard since no one else has done it and we don't have a teacher...we just have to follow along with online videos. We'll see how it goes...I'll keep you posted. Plus I get to go to a legit class tomorrow! Maybe we can talk that teacher into coming to our school. It's kind of far. We'll see. Our principal also agreed to let us have a teacher's cookout on our roof in a few weeks, so that will be fun as well.

More good news! Going to a baseball game on Friday! Fun fun! And, there is a lantern festival this weekend and it looks SUPER fun. I can't wait! The stuff online looks amazing. And on Sunday you can make your own Buddhist paper lantern and "pray for your wishes." So hopefully after this weekend all my dreams will come true. Can't wait.

And the best news! I got a ton of free shit today! A girl in my building is moving out and is giving away tons of stuff. I got shoes, a table, a bookshelf, a Swiffer, all kinds of awesome stuff!!! I am seriously so stoked. I have been scouring the internet for a bookshelf and not only did I NOT have to pay for this one, but it was just two floors down from me! Free stuff is awesome! Hooray!!!! Monday, for the win! :)

A sandwich and a free bookshelf! What a good day.

Oh, also, not to totally copy LizzyLou, but I've decided to start posting my craftiness as well! I made it a page on the side ----> http://jackydoeslife.blogspot.com/p/craft-craft-craft-it-up.html Check it out, if you want.

Dream big people!

Oh yeah, and if you didn't watch Will Ferrell host Saturday Night Live, you should look that shit up right now and laugh your ass off. Funkytown was amazing and the 100th Digital Short rocked my face off. I was literally laughing out loud in my apartment, by myself.

Pics of the free stuff:




No comments:

Post a Comment