05 December 2012

All I Want for Christmas....

...are some Christmas Tree Cakes. And actually a million other things, but I am actually pretty good right now. Things are awesome here and life is fantastic.

Oh, except for one tiny thing. And that would be SNOW. UGH, I hate snow! It's not even winter yet! WTF is going on?!! And apparently it's in the 70s at home. Fuuuuck that. It wasn't so bad watching it come down in the classroom...mainly because they kids got super excited about it. But then my coteacher opened the window (because she's crazy pants) and it was ridiculously cold. I also got cold just thinking about my walk home. Luckily it stopped snowing before then, but it was still really slippery. Some parts were pretty, like this lovely tree...

...but I had to concentrate pretty hard on not falling the rest of the way home so I didn't notice much else. I did see one woman in heels, which I thought was hilarious. I was having a hard enough time in boots. They don't have a lot of traction, but I can't imagine heels! She was shuffling a long pretty slow, poor thing. But seriously, why not carry the heels in your bag if it is THAT important to wear them. People are weird.

I also want to invest in a ski mask. How do you keep your face warm without one? I am pretty ill prepared for this weather. I mean, I have some warm clothes now, but not enough. Also, I don't really know how to wear them properly. Actually, the problem is that I'm in denial that I have chosen to live in this freezing ass place, so I delude myself into thinking I don't actually need to put on long johns and 5 shirts. I mean, people don't actually do that, right? I have a hard time accepting it is really cold enough to wear two pairs of pants. It's going to take some getting used to. The worst part is, it has only just begun. Apparently it stays freezing until at least March. Dammmnnnn it.

Other than this weather, things are just dandy. I love Christmas time because I can make tons of crafts with the kids. The options are endless. Today I spent all of afterclub making a gingerbread house. It was out of paper and the goober student made it pink, but whatever. I also started doing and elf on the shelf kind of thing in my class with Patty the Elf. I don't think the kids totally understand what is going on, but it was fun anyway. Friday we are making stockings and next week we're having a Christmas concert. We're singing "Let It Snow," which is a terrible song but all the good ones were taken and we don't have enough time to learn "All I Want for Christmas is You." Sad, but true.

Anyway, that's it for now. Oh yeah, wanted to share this. Penny pinching at it's finest:
My mom would be so proud. But, by saving money on lotion, I can spend my money on some more winter clothes. Or food. Whatever.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment