17 December 2012

No Words

There are literally just no words for the horrific shooting that happened in Connecticut  Just none. It makes me so damn sad to just think about it and pretty much anytime I see or hear anything about it, I just cry. I can't even imagine what friends and families are going through. Unbelievable.

As a teacher, I can't even comprehend someone coming in and harming my class. I couldn't take it. I also can't comprehend having and/or carrying a gun around with me in the classroom. The chances of something like that happening here are lower, as they have really strict gun control laws and pretty much no one has one. Of course there is violence, but nothing like what happens in the US.

In addition to being sad, I am truly shocked at the hatefulness, tactfulness and disrespect people have when making posts and/or commenting on it. People are disgusting and I am embarrassed for them. I had to defriend a load of people and force myself not to read and/or comment on what people say, on facebook and otherwise. I really don't think comments should be allowed on news stories. People are just awful. I don't really know stats and I don't really have a viable solution and I know I'm sounding naive, but I really really wish people would just BE NICE. And if you can't be nice, at least be respectful and show some tact. For instance, I have a lot to say about this entire situation and the way people have reacted to it, but I really try to avoid internet controversy. So for a positive note, it makes me happy to know there are also decent, amazing, wonderful, kindhearted people out there that would take a bullet to protect others. It hurts my heart to know some of those people are gone and that some of them were my age.

I am trying to just be respectful and sad instead of getting political  But, in my opinion, if you think violence is going to be solved with more people having guns and more praying, you need a reality check real quick. That is all.

Wishing there was something more I could do than just hurt for the families, but some hurts can't be fixed.

Dreaming big with a heavy heart. And in the words of one of my favorite people, "Be kind to one another."


No comments:

Post a Comment