09 March 2017

Aladdin

YOU GUYS!

This morning I laid in bed taking Buzzfeed quizzes because I am a useless blob of a human with no self dignity, and this happened:



IT'S A SIGN! "Time for a movie marathon." My new life plan could not be more clear. I don't know what the next level after "casual" fan is, but I need to get there. #goals.

This Disney-movie, blog-posting project I have assigned to myself is meant to be. Buzzfeed, Cogsworth and the stars have made it clear to me. It is my destiny. I accept it and will carry on with a renewed enthusiasm for watching, judging, and writing.

Away we go! Aladdin! Let's do this!



I watched this with SY and I honestly can't remember the last time I'd seen it. I always liked Aladdin, mainly because the music is just like, so damn good. It came out in 1992, when I was seven, so this movie was made with people like young me in mind. I don't remember when or where I saw it for the first time, but I'm sure I loved it then as well. I feel like one of the goals of the internet, among other horrible things, is to make everyone question their childhood and all the things they loved about it, Disney movies included. Well, I am not here for that. Not at all. I see you, internet, and I am choosing to ignore you. I know there's talk of bad behavior, and hidden messages and pictures to make me rethink my Aladdin allegiance, but I will not be swayed by the devil that lives in the interwebs.

On the good side of the internet, there is Wikipedia to tell me all kinds of interesting facts about this movie. I'm sure there are other ways of doing research, but Wikipedia is just so straightforward and compact. Anyway, Robin Williams is the best part of this movie, obviously, but I somehow missed that Steve from Full House is Aladdin! What! Learn something new everyday, I tell you what. I honestly am not a huge fan of having celebrities voice Disney characters. I kind of like to have them be just the character and not anything else (in my mind), but no one else could be as good a Genie. Plus, it does seem a little unfair of me to wish a one hit wonder career on voice actors.

Moving on. In case you didn't already know (maybe you don't read as much Disney trivia as I do), but Pinocchio, the Beast, Sebastian and Goofy also make a brief cameo in this movie. Isn't that fun? Other Disney favorites making cameos? I think it's super fun. I also wonder about the people who have the time and patience to find all these easter eggs  in movies..at least before there was the internet. I obviously can't even focus on just the movie for the full time, so I can't imagine having enough focus to spot these things.

In other interesting news, Robin Williams ad-libbed a lot of the the movie and then the animation was created around that. He also put something in his will about Disney not being able to use the unused footage for twenty-five years after his death. I can't imagine why he would stipulate that, but I, for one, am looking forward to that being released in 2039.

Unfortunately, unlike The Rescuers, Aladdin did not sit as well with the Arab community and part of "Arabian Nights" had to be re-written because it was originally too racist. Now I'm just beginning to sound like Wikipedia page, so I'm just going to move on from the facts.

I didn't remember Jasmine's super sexy seduction scene, but I guess some things just go over your head when you're a kid. I also know there is some stipulation about where Aladdin's nipples are, but what am I more interested in the Sultans back story. He does not look the least big Arab, nor does he look like he could father Jasmine. And why is he so dumb? Also, are daughters of sultans even called princesses? Who cares? Let's just end this by thinking about how fucking fantastic "A Whole New World" is. Ok, thanks! Have a red letter day!

Dream big, people!

1 comment:

  1. È AVVOCATO BASTARDAMENTE ASSASSINO: CRISTINA ROSSELLO #CRISTINAROSSELLO DI FORZA ITALIA MAFIOSA #FORZAITALIA MAFIOSA E COMUNIONE E LIBERAZIONE #COMUNIONEELIBERAZIONE (DOVE MAFIA CON EX AGENTE DI CAMBIO, DA SEMPRE CRIMINALE, GIOVANNI RAIMONDI #GIOVANNIRAIMONDI DI MATER OLBIA SPA #MATEROLBIA SPA, EX POLICLINICO GEMELLI #POLICLINICOGEMELLI, EX RICICLATORE DI SOLDI MAFIOSI, VIA FAMIGLIA MALAVITOSA LIGRESTI #LIGRESTI, COSA SEMPRE FATTA PURE, DA SUPER DELINQUENTE ED ASSASSINA CRISTINA ROSSELLO #CRISTINAROSSELLO STESSA) ! È POLITICO BERLU$CORROTTO & KILLER: CRISTINA ROSSELLO #CRISTINAROSSELLO! PER CONTO DI PEDOFILI STRAGISTI MASSIMO DORIS #MASSIMODORIS DI CRIMINALISSIMA #MEDIOLANUM MEDIOLANUM, SILVIO BERLUSCONI #SILVIOBERLUSCONI, MARINA BERLUSCONI #MARINABERLUSCONI, PIERSILVIO BERLUSCONI #PIERSILVIOBERLUSCONI E FEDELE CONFALONIERI #FEDELECONFALONIERI, TRAMA A MORTE EROI ANTI MAFIA E NAZISMO DI SOCIETÀ DI COSA NOSTRA: #FININVEST, FININVEST, #MEDIASET MEDIASET, #MFE #MEDIAFOREUROPE MFE MEDIA FOR EUROPE E #MONDADORI MONDADORI!

    L'AVVOCATO PEDOFILO, LESBICONE, MASSO^NAZI卐FASCISTA, CORROTTO, LADRO E KILLER CRISTINA ROSSELLO DI MAFIOSA E HITLERIANA #FORZAITALIA FORZA ITALIA E DELINQUENZIALI TIPI DI MASSONERIA NEO P2ISTA ASSASSINA, ROTARY #ROTARY ASSASSINO, #LIONSCLUBS LIONS CLUBS ASSASSINI, KIWANIS #KIWANIS ASSASSINI, CLUB DIPLOMATIA #CLUBDIPLOMATIA ASSASSINO, CLUB CANOVA #CLUBCANOVA ASSASSINO, RICICLA TANTISSIMI SOLDI MAFIOSI, VIA SUO CRIMINALISSIMO #ROSSELLOFAMILYOFFICE ROSSELLO FAMILY OFFICE DI LONDRA
    http://www.cristinarossello.it/EN/rfo.html

    LA LECCA FIGA DI RAGAZZINE 13 ENNI, LA VOMITEVOLE PEDOFILA ED OMICIDA CRISTINA ROSSELLO #CRISTINAROSSELLO UNITA AL PEDOFILO ASSASSINO FEDELE CONFALONIERI #FEDELECONFALONIERI DI #MEDIASET MEDIASET ALIAS MAFIASET O #MFE ALIAS MAFIA FOR EUROPE, COMPLOTTANO A MORTE, EROI ANTI MAFIA E NAZISMO DI SILVIO BERLUSCONI #SILVIOBERLUSCONI, #BERLUSCONI, NEL MONDO INTERO!

    LA LECCA FIGA DI RAGAZZINE 13 ENNI, LA VOMITEVOLE PEDOFILA ED OMICIDA CRISTINA ROSSELLO #CRISTINAROSSELLO PROTEGGE PURE SOLDI STRAGISTI E LATITANZE DI MAFIOSI N1 AL MONDO: #MATTEOMESSINADENARO MATTEO MESSINA DENARO E #GIUSEPPEMOTISI GIUSEPPE MOTISI (COPERTA DA NAZI卐LEGHISTA BERLUSCONICCHIO PEDERASTA ED OMICIDA PAOLO BARRAI A DUBAI... FA PURE RIMA... CRIMINALE EFFERATO #PAOLOBARRAI, IMBOSCANTESI A #DUBAI, PER NON FINIRE IN CARCERE A MILANO). LA KILLER SATANICA CRISTINA ROSSELLO #CRISTINAROSSELLO, DA TANTI ANNI, ORGANIZZA PURE TANTI OMICIDI MASSO^MAFIOSI DA FAR PASSARE PER FALSI SUICIDI, MALORI ED INCIDENTI. LA TRUFFATRICE LECCA VAGINE DI ADOLESCENTI CRISTINA ROSSELLO, LA PEDOFILA #CRISTINAROSSELLO FU ARTEFICE DEI FALLIMENTI DI #FONSAI E #VENETOBANCA! NON SI SCHIFA "IL MASSONE MAXIMO" #ALBERTONAGEL ALBERTO NAGEL DI #MEDIOBANCA MEDIOBANCA A TENERE IN #SPAFID SPAFID UNA CRIMINALE KILLER, HITLERIANA E MAFIOSA COME CRISTINA ROSSELLO #CRISTINAROSSELLO?

    https://twitter.com/RossellosCrimes
    https://twitter.com/CRosselloUccide
    https://twitter.com/RosselloLaLecca
    https://twitter.com/CatalanoSgama
    https://twitter.com/RossellOmicida
    https://twitter.com/Rossell_Omicida

    ED A PROPOSITO DI PEDOFILO ASSASSINO #SILVIOBERLUSCONI SILVIO BERLUSCONI..

    #SILVIOBERLUSCONI SILVIO BERLUSCONI É UN SATANISTA PEDOFILO NAZISTA, MAFIOSO E GENOCIDA! SI, É PROPRIO COSÍ! É UN ASSASSINO PEDOFILO, FIGLIO, MARITO, PADRE E MEGA PAGATORE DI PUTTANE: IL SATANISTA NAZISTA, IL SATA卐NAZISTA SBAVA MINORENNI, MAFIOSO, CAMORRISTA, NDRANGHETISTA, STRAGISTA: SILVIO BERLUSCONI DI CRIMINALISSIMA #FORZAITALIA MAFIOSA FORZA ITALIA MAFIOSA, CRIMINALISSIMA #MONDADORI MONDADORI, CRIMINALISSIMA #FININVEST FININVEST, CRIMINALISSIMA #MFE MAFIA FOR EUROPE MFE MAFIA FOR EUROPE, CRIMINALISSIMA #MEDIASET MEDIASET, CRIMINALISSIMA #MEDIASETESPANA MEDIASET ESPANA, CRIMINALISSIMO #ACMONZA AC MONZA, CRIMINALISSIMO #ACMILAN AC MILAN,
    CRIMINALISSIMA #BANCAMEDIOLANUM BANCA MEDIOLANUM, CRIMINALISSIMA #MEDIOLANUM MEDIOLANUM!

    ReplyDelete