09 March 2009

Going to the chapel...

..and my cousin AUSTIN is getting MARRIED! So exciting, right?! I know! I'm excited too! Even though the big day is not until October 18th (mark your calendars people), it is still appropriate to be excited about it now. Right this second.

And, as a side note, I thought that song was "going to the jack-o-lantern" or something that had jack in it..I don't remember exactly. But I didn't know it was chapel until like, fifth grade.

So anyways, and to add to the excitement, I am going to be a bridesmaid!!! Hooray!!! I think I am one of the few people in the world that actually enjoys being a bridesmaid. Seriously, I think it is so fun and so special to be a part of someone's big day. I just see it as this huge honor and I am so so pumped about being in hers. And she didn't even really ask me! She just straight up told me...like it wasn't even an option. Even more special. Though later, when she was trying to save some dough, she did give me the option of being the musical entertainment. Funny story, when she first asked, the way she worded it, I thought she was asking me to be the deejay. And she said I would be playing by myself, so I was picturing me playing music to a room by myself while the wedding was going on. And I was like, that doesn't sound fun at all...I wouldn't get to see anything! I know, why would I think that? I don't know...but then I figured out she was asking me to actually play the music (the viola) by myself. And as awesome as that would be, I had to say no. And truly, that was more for everyone elses benefit. First off, I was not that good at the viola to begin with. When my resume says "Orchestra-Principal Viola" it's actually very deceiving. Our orchestra was not all that great, and the viola section (which consisted of two people) was the worst (by a lot) of all the sections. So really, don't be impressed. Secondly, I haven't played my viola since my senior year, which will be coming up on 2 years (gasp!) in May...2 1/2 in October. And lastly, and most important, I don't actually know where my viola is at the moment. Between all the moving over the last two years, I don't really know where it has ended up. I should probably find it though, and try to sell it. Anyways, it really would not have been a good idea for me to play in the wedding....esp by myself. Even though I really wish I was good enough to do so. So instead, I'll be a bridesmaid and feel super special because my name gets to be on the website and in the program! Even if my name is listed last. No big deal. Someone has to be last.

I'm super pumped in general though. I freaking love weddings and it is going to be even more awesome because it's my #1 Cuz. Even though it's going to be super weird as well. I mean, we are the same age but I feel like she is LIGHT years ahead of me in life. She's got her shit together and is getting MARRIED and I haven't even been on date in...an embarassingly long amount of time. No need to go into details. I think the weirdest thing will be when we get together for family functions, she will get to sleep with her HUSBAND...and I will still be in the racecar bed by myself. Whatever, that thing is comfy. Also, she's getting a new last name and that's always an adjustment. But, excitment and happiness definitely trumps all. No question.

Oh, and another funny story...she asked if I was going to be bringing a date. Bahahahahhaa! Um, I wish. Unless my dating life takes a drastic turn for the better like, tomorrow, I don't think a date is going to be in my future....even if it is seven months away. How sad is it that I've turned into a bitter old hag at such a young age? Oh well.

Well, stay tuned because I will keep you posted on all my bridesmaid glory in the future. You know you're jealous.

I like how my last two posts have had song titles. Maybe I will do that from now on. Let's see if I can be that creative. Also, I don't mind when people have post requests. In fact, I'm thrilled that people are even reading :)

....gee, I really love you and we're gonna get married....going to the chapel of LOVE.

2 comments:

  1. I would never give up the race car bed! that is too awesome, and I would make my significant other sleep in it with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! You have made my day!!! PS You are going to be SUPER excited & jealous with the news I am about to tell you via the telephone.... expect a phone call in the next 2 mins its VERY exciting!!!! You may shit your pants!

    ReplyDelete