21 March 2009

That's What Friends Are For...

...for good times, for bad times, I'll be on your side forever more....

la la. Yay Dione Warwick! I don't feel like typing the rest. But this post is going to be about friends. And how great they can be. And what I've learned about them recently.

So I had a little hiatus where I was pretty much mad at the world. I get really personally offended when people don't return my phone calls, emails, etc. In my opinion, they are being crappy friends and it just pisses me off. I still think there is some merit to me being pissed. I mean, I made it a priority to call/email/write you, you can't do anything back? But, I'm learning to chill out. Not everyone chooses to spend their free time catching up with old friends. Some people choose to live their life and spend it with friends that are already around. Some people really do, just suck at keep in touch and making a phone call is just way too much effort for them to handle. Or, my recent theory, is that it's me. It's quite possible that it's me that sucks and these people are just avoiding me because they don't want to be around me and my sucky self. In which case, it's their loss...because I don't suck, I rock and their perception of sucky is obvoiusly horribly skewed. But, it's still a possibility. Some people are blinded by my awesomeness and can't even function after they've experienced it. I can't help them though, I can't turn off the awesomeness. Maybe they should invest in some anti-awesome sunglasses, I don't know.

Oh man, what a tangent! Focusing now. Ok, point is, I've been feeling super fabulous and extra awesome these last couple of weeks. And I'm learning to chill out a little about people that don't get in touch that often. Especially people that live far away. I'm coming to terms with the fact that people have their own lives are sometimes too busy living them to constantly be talking to me on the phone. And I am ok with me only talking to some people once every couple of weeks or months. For a while, I was bitter and was all, F THEM! I am never talking to them again! And then I reality slapped myself in the face and realized that it's really stupid to think that is going to solve anything. I figured out that a conversation every so often is better than nothing at all and a lot of times, those conversations are so fun and fabulous and well worth the wait. And I usually remember why I am friends with them in the first place and why I wanted to talk to them so badly.

These revalations, that are really not at all revolutionary, are coming along with my renewed sense of happiness these days. I am a true believer in seasonal depression after this past retarded winter. Spring has sprung people, the nice weather is back, and I, for one, could not be more excited. I hate hate HATE cold weather and am so thrilled flip flop weather has returned to the lowcountry. Kissing helps things too...but I think it's more about the weather. That, and the fact that my life has moved back into the busy category. I have soccer, softball, dates and improv class starts next week! AND-I'm going to start getting a day off during the week! So pumped!

Oh yes, I was also supposed to talk about how great my friends are. And they really are. It's amazing how happy people can make you so happy when you're not even expecting it. I've gotten some super great emails, had some fabulous phone conversations and had a kick ass fondue dinner last weekend. And a friend is coming to visit next weekend and I can't freakin' waiiiitttt!!! You're jealous.

The sun is shining and I am ready to enjoy it. Feel free to come on down and enjoy it with me. Much love to all my friends that are reading this (hey the three of you!). Um, sorry if I sounded really cheesy and ridiculous in this post. I'm just happy. Finally :)

Oh, and this isn't directed at any one person, so no one take offense please! Also, if you need some happy in your life, I would suggest going to Pandora.com, typing in Eric Hutchinson and letting your ears fall in love with every song that plays. You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. i have had requests for anti-awesomeness shades myself. We're just to awesome for some. I need some jacky. I need some sunshine. I promise i'll be visiting sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry i've been a bad friend! and i didn't call you tonight b/c my battery was dying and i was driving through the middle of nowhere and didn't want to risk it! i'll be better! and i want the beach! and shagging!

    ReplyDelete