13 March 2009

OK is Alright With Me

Some things are just meant to be. My song titles continue....this one is by Eric Hutchinson, my obsession from a few months ago. I still love him.

So I've been trying really hard over the last two days to think of something fun and positive to blog about. I decided that if I at least write about happy things, then that will in turn, force me to actually be happy. I couldn't really think of anything good, so I'm just going to ramble on about random things. Oh, and I'm not necessarily unhappy right now. I just get super grouchy at so many things...but at the end of the day, I'm content. Which is better than depressed.

Ok. Here's what I want to know. How does facebook come up with what is displayed on your page and in the ads? Do I get all the find your match ads because I'm listed as single? That's nonsense. Like my good friend LaSarah said recently, there is nothing wrong with being single. Not a damn thing. In fact, I would argue that it is almost better than being in a relationship. Of course I would, I'm not in one, but hear me out. I don't have to check in with anyone before I decide what I'm doing for the evening/weekend/whatever. I have friends that have to check in with their significant other before they can go out to dinner/to the beach/to da club/etc. Lame. I can dance/flirt/make eyes at/hook up with whomever I want, whenever I want. I'm sure I will take advantage of this soon. And, I don't have lame arguments over lame things like why you didn't call me back, why you didn't tell me you were taking a shower at 3 instead of 3:30, who is that girl that keeps texting you and why did you put your nasty dirty shoes on my couch? There are other reasons too, but this paragraph is about facebook, not single ladies (throw your hands up!*). So anyways, I always have these "need a lover" ad things on the side of my facebook. And sometimes they are really specific. Like, Catholic Match? How did facebook know I was raised Catholic? Big, Beautiful and Single? Does facebook think I'm fat based on my pictures? :( Looking for a Christian partner? It doesn't say if I'm a Christian anywhere on my profile. What is going on here?

And I wonder about the other features too. Like, how do they pick who gets to show up in your select friends box? Usually it's super random people that you really aren't even friends with. And sometimes, you go stalk people and then you come back to your profile and one of them is the same while everyone else is different. Why is that? And how do they decide who to feature in your news feed? Why do they feel it necessary to show that one random person has done 11 different facebook activities today? If I wanted to know all that about said person, I would stalk them. And that People You May Know feature still annoys me. Half the time I don't know them. I did some investigating and I only had like, one friend in common with a few people. It seems unlikely that I would know them. I don't know that I've ever looked at that and been like, oh yeah! I do know them! Thanks facebook, I'll friend them RIGHT NOW!

In other random news, I've realized I am one of those people that never lets inside jokes die. Quick poll: Is that annoying? Yes or No? Tell me your thoughts. Is it weird and annoying if I re-visit mildly funny situations that happened a long time ago? Does it change things if that is really the only experience I have with someone?

Oh yes, and I would also like for people to shut up about Chris Brown and Rihanna. Not that I think Chris Brown did no wrong, but I would just like everyone to be quiet about. Mainly for Rihanna's sake. Take her advice and "just life your life," instead of worrying about everyone else's.

I just read that Prince William might be marrying his on and off girlfriend, whatever her name is. Which is so sad. For him. I really think he would have more fun with me. Also, I look great in tiaras.

And lastly, my cousin (the engaged one) might move to Paris with her fiancee and I am SO JEALOUS. Maybe I need a husband after all.

*WHY is Beyonce singing about single ladies? She is MARRIED. Shut it BK. And keep your hands down. And that other song, "If I Were a Boy," what is that? Again, married. Real single ladies know whats up...you're a poser. Even though I enjoy both songs.

2 comments:

  1. i'm diggin' this post. i was having an ok is going to have to suffice day, until i made my own pad thai and i must admit, its amazing. and eating with chop sticks makes life more fun.

    i've been wondering those exact questions about facebook. if you find any answers let me know.

    about the inside jokes, they are awesome. where would our relationship be if we didn't always say, "happy river, my river" or "i put my face in the cake" or "i fell to da flo." exactly. but, if that is the only thing that you have to say, then i think its not so cool anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with you on facebook, and in regards to beyonce. you're funny. and i would die without inside jokes. literally. dead and gone.

    ReplyDelete