13 June 2012

Hilarity

Just spent the last few minutes laughing extremely hard over this website:

http://kikinitinkorea.tumblr.com/?fwcc=1&fwcl=1&fwl

I don't know if you have to have lived in Korea to completely understand or not, but it's worth a look anyway. I cried.

Anyway, I also joined a gym yesterday. Which is a good thing because I just ate an entire roll of mentos in one sitting. There were 7 flavors in one pack. I obviously had to. So far, the gym has been ok. I am not really a gym person, but I'm finding that a lot of things that I'm "not really," I've been doing in Korea. Waking up early on weekends, loving small children for 8 hours a day, cooking my own dinner, showering in the morning, the list goes on. I signed up mainly because it's in our school building and trying to make myself run on the river path was not working. One woman Zumba classes in the apartment were also getting pretty few and far between. The river path was just too much....lots of stares, lots of bugs and not a whole lot of running. So I went downstairs and the guy offered me a discount and told me I was beautiful with pretty eyes, so I was in. I also want to eat my weight in galbi, so I need something to counteract that. I signed up for classes as well, which may have been a mistake. I did Pilates yesterday and it was basically glorified stretching with some impossible Pilates moves thrown in as well. I am aware the instructor is supposed to be thinner and better than you, but she was seriously the size of a 10 year old and could plank for like, 20 minutes. Kind of discouraging.

Same thing with Yoga today. Also, it was just me so I got a lot of one on one attention. Which was good and bad. Good because she was really nice and now I'm going to give her English lessons, but bad because I suck at Yoga and she was pretty disappointed in my non flexible self. She was also pretty disappointed in my weak ass hands and wrists. But she was nice and like I said, we are going to meet up sometimes so she can get English lessons and I'll get Korean lessons! And some Yoga pointers. Hooray! I ended up spending like, 4 hours there. I was kind of embarrassed. I went after school (around 5) and Yoga starts at 7:30 so I didn't want to go home because I probably wouldn't come back. And I had this great plan to show up after school in my cute dress, good hair and pretty eyes to say hello to the desk guy. He wasn't there but of course he showed up when I got off the treadmill and looked like a hot sweaty mess. I'm sure he also thinks I'm crazy as well because I lost my key (for my locker) and after having everyone look for it, I realized I left it in the bathroom. Oh, it doesn't end there. I was just sitting in the Yoga room at like, 6:50 since I got tired of the treadmill and he comes in and asks if I remembered that the classes start at 7:30. Hahahaha! Hooray. So that is what happens when I try to flirt. Won't be trying again for a while.

Also not sure how my arm use will be tomorrow since I thought it would be a great idea to do all the arm machines. I need to get some sort of routine...no idea what I'm doing. Also a little lost trying to plan a trip to Thailand. I've never had a "real" vacation and it is a bitch to plan. I'm sooo bad at it! Too easily distracted and worried I won't get the best deal. I know, waaaa, right?

Anyway, really looking forward to the weekend! Getting a SMART PHONE on Friday!! Helloooo again world!!! No more getting lost! Shopping, movie and dancing on Saturday (unfortunately not with the cute Korean boy...no boys for that matter) and kayaking Sunday! Hooray!

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment