27 August 2012

Good Stuff

Apparently a typhoon is headed towards Korea at the moment. The same warning was sent out a few weeks ago and it didn't even rain, so I'm not too worried about things. Also, it already had landfall in Japan and I heard from a friend there things weren't that bad, just some heavy rain. People lost power, but come talk to me when bridges start falling over, mkay? 

Either way, some schools here have canceled school for tomorrow and it's possible that our school will as well. It's not raining at the moment, but if things get worse over night, they'll cancel. But, in typical nonsense Korean fashion, it would only be canceled for students. Say what?! Total ridiculousness. I mean, I thought it was about safety. And why on earth would you make teachers come in when there are no students and nothing for us to do. Especially if the storm does get bad and we have to risk our lives to get there! Honestly, I wouldn't mind a day to get some stuff done, but walking to school in a typhoon sounds pretty unpleasant. Anyway, we'll see tomorrow I guess. Again, I'm not too worried...hoping I don't have to eat my words. Just in case, I bought some Doritos at the store today. I also have two bottles of wine, a huge bottle of Soju (Korean vodka, but more intense) and some Nutella so I'm set if the power goes out. I should probably go buy some candy as well. Don't want to get caught stranded with a sweet tooth. 

In other news, my Pinterest thinks I'm fat and it's depressing. Literally every other pin is about how to get rid of cellulite. How does Pinterest know I'm a fatty? I'm going to the gym Pinterest, get off my back! Jeez. Also, I'm pretty sure none of those things work. I haven't looked at any of them, because cellulite is the least of my body problems, but I just can't imagine that any of them actually get rid of it. Seems much too easy. Anyway, I did see this gem on there, so it redeemed itself a little...
Funny Somewhat Topical Ecard: Sometimes I feel sorry for judgmental people and their boring lives. Other times I'm jealous. I wish I had that much time to worry about things that are none of my business.

Hahaha..so funny and so true. I often think that about people who get all up in arms about the stupidest things that don't even really concern them. Unless someone or something is directly affecting my life, I generally don't give a shit. 

For some more fantasticness, watch this video:


This video makes me so damn happy. Gangnam is actually a city near where I live, which makes it even better. I had seen people talk about it on facebook but I only saw the cartoon part, so I wasn't really interested. Then I heard it played in a bar and was all, I gotta watch this. And it has changed my life for the better. I think it is so freaking hilarious, especially since people are now doing the dance in bars and clubs. Oh, and also because all the kids at school are singing it. Oh, AND because they played it at Dodgers Stadium...just makes me smile so much. 

Also rocking my face off at the moment, KPOP. So fabulous. The videos are beyond ridiculous and I'm a sucker for cheesy pop, and this stuff is the cheesiest of them all. I especially love when they throw some English in there. Fantasticness. I am having a real tough time believing some of the boys in these groups are straight, but I have been assured by many a Korean that they are. You can check out some of the groups on YouTube...B1A4, Beast, Super Junior, Mighty Mouth....I know, awesome names, right? 

For a last bit of good stuff, I went bowling Saturday night and KICKED ASS. I am not sure how I got so awesome I bowling, but I stomped everyone with a 132. The other girl we were with got a 19 and the two guys got an 80 and 90. I rule. Then I stomped everyone at darts at the bar. Wasn't even drunk. I've decided to take a drinking hiatus...probably until this weekend, haha. Or tomorrow, if I end up getting rained it. 

Dream big people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment