13 August 2012

Oh My Goodness

One of my favorites, Joshua, says this phrase ALL the time. He uses it when things fall, if I make mistakes on the board, and lately, when he is just floored by things. We started a new unit in Musical English (it's a different teacher, but I'm in the room with them) and it uses Finding Nemo and he was so pumped about the characters and all the pictures. He said it like five times. And if that wasn't cute enough, today we watched some clips from "The Land Before Time" and he LOST his mind. It was soooo funny. Based on his reaction, I decided I am going to show the entire movie over the next few weeks, in like 10 minute increments. I am going to try really hard to get some video because it is so hilarious and cute, I need to share. All the kids are all about dinosaurs and I guess Littlefoot and his friends just sent Joshua over the edge. He sits right in the front and he kept looking at me like, are you seeing this jacky teacher??!!! I was all, I KNOW. Land Before Time is a classic...the kids need to see it. I'm doing them all a favor, really.

Dinosaurs is kind of a difficult unit to teach on because I really don't know that much about them. Usually, I have some knowledge about the things we talk about. I rocked the sea animals unit and did ok with everything else I've done. However, my dinosaur knowledge is pretty limited. Not only that, dinosaur names are hard to pronounce. Luckily, my buddy Ray is a dinosaur expert and he knows most of the names of the dinosaurs so I just ask him when I'm stumped. And before you start thinking I am a terrible teacher, I have been doing some research trying to educate myself more about dinosaurs, but the scope of dinosaur is a little intense and it's kind of difficult to water it down into information 4 year olds with limited English will understand. But I'm trying. And that is where Land Before Time comes in. Littlefoot to the rescue! Plus we're going to make dinosaur masks on Friday and it's going to be awesome.

That was my day. In other news, AT&T sucks. They are a terrible company and I hate them and maybe their creep internet stalker people will find this. So you can just pass this along, AT&T internet stalkers, to whoever matters: You are an awful company, I hate you and you have lost a customer. I will save my entire rant for another day. I have to go to bed now. Big day tomorrow. But yeah, boo on AT&T.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment