21 February 2008

I never did no drugs in my whole life....

...says the woman that came back with over 1000 milligrams of cocaine in her hair test. Hm...makes me a little skeptical, but what do I know? Man, sometimes I just love working at the pee farm. I get to meet some really interesting people. And by interesting, I mean crazy. But don't get me wrong, I seriously love it. I encounter people I would never otherwise meet and get to share in a special time in their lives...a drug test. It's touching really. Sometimes I make such an impact on people, they come back to tell me there is just no way they could be positive for drugs, they have never touched the stuff...they don't even take asprin! Beats me how it got in there then! I really want to believe these people, but sometimes I just don't know. Don't get me wrong, some people are normal that come in...but that is pretty rare. The crazies are more fun anyways.

Another great thing about working at the pee farm is I get to listen to music when no one is there! I started using Pandora.com, which lets you type in a song or artist and then it makes a "station" of what they think you would like, based on what you put it. It's pretty cool. It does come up with some crappy stuff every now and then, but usually it's all good music and I'm excited because I have since discovered some great new songs and artists. Matt Nathanson is a good one. I would put music clips on here, but I don't know how. Sorry folks. Also, I've gotten especially obsessed with Van Morrison lately (as in, the last couple of years) and think you should become obsessed too. "Days Like This" is probably my favorite song [inser technologically savvy music clip here] and then "Tupelo Honey." But pretty much everything is magnificent.

While I feed my addiction to Van, my stepdad is getting a hit of American Idol at the moment. Sorry to offend anyone, but I seriously can't stand that show. It just pains to be watch those people! I mean, it's better now that they got the really bad people off..but it still hurts me because a lot of them freak out and get nervous and sound bad...and they usually sing bad music. Or, they sing good music and make it sound bad. Now, not that I can sing or would ever be able to do such a thing, but I seriously can't handle AI. Reality TV in general (to me) is pretty much the stupidest thing ever. Back in my younger years, I really wanted to be on The Real World...for real, I thought I would be the PERFECT housemate (what high schooler doesn't really?)...I thought I could be the innocent one. You know, the one that doesn't really drink or cause drama or anything? I don't know that I would fit that role now, but after the Las Vegas season, I decided TRW (don't you love all my acronyms?) wasn't for me. However, MTV, if you're reading, I'd still totally do it. The Real World...anywhere that's not in the United States...I'm in! Feel free to leave a comment with your information.

Loo de do, I feel kind of weird rambling on about nothing, instead of my cool Roman adventures...but such is life. And, I'm still in love with myself and I'm not complaining, so whatev. Ciao ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment