24 March 2008

Get your back up off the wall

Ohhhhhh Man, I just had the most fabulous weekend. Seriously, it was so great. And I am freaking WORN out from it. I actually think I might have chronic fatigue or something because I am so damn tired all the damn time. It kind of pisses me off because I get enough sleep and it's not like I'm doing anything extremely tiring. I hate feeling tired though because it just makes me not want to do anything..ever. It also makes me be a horrible writer and write sub-par blogs. I need to do some research and figure this thing out. I can't go to the doctor because I don't have health insurance, so I'm going to need some natural medicine or something.

Ok, so back to my great weekend. I was feeling better Friday afternoon and I got off work early, so I headed up to the mountain house for mini camp reunion. I didn't know exactly where I was going...I mean, I had directions but no one knew the actual address, so I was a little nervous. But I made it ok and I am so so glad I decided to go. My camp friends are just the craziest, most random and ridiculous people ever and I think they are beyond wonderful. And when we get together we have ridiculously fabulous time. And I can't even explain them to normal people because together, we are not normal. In our real lives, we do a pretty good job of acting normal, but when we get together, all that goes out the window. I really think camp is the absolute greatest thing in the whole world (well that, and studying abroad), and wish everyone got a chance to experience it like I did. Really, it's so amazing. Beyond amazing. There isn't even a word for it. And I think there are "camp people" and then everyone else who just doesn't get it and I think camp people are just a completely different breed. That's why I try to keep my real life friends separate from camp friends because I don't want my real life friends to find out what a weirdo I am. They think they already know, but they really have no idea. Anyways, we get up there Friday night, there's about 15 of us I guess and I get super drunk so I don't really remember what all went down. I do remember there was lots of laughing, running around like a fool, and attempts to take selfies going on. Oh and dancing, of course--one of the best parts about camp-dance parties. There were also lots of people smoking and I think smoking is the grossest thing ever, so I remember trying to hide people's cigarettes...but people get very angry when you do that, so I had to stop. Then I got really tired, so I took a power nap (could have been longer, I don't know), got up, ate a pp&j, had some more good times and then officially went to bed. I was pretty pleased with myself, because for some reason, every time we went to this girl's mountain house the summer we all worked at camp ('06), I would either cry or throw-up..sometimes both. I don't know what was going on, I think I was depressed from coming back from Italy...that explains the crying. And maybe the throwing up came from me drinking stupid American alcohol and not fabulous Italian wine. Yeah, that's it.

So anyways, Saturday was gorgeous and we just hung out...went into Asheville for some lunch and then hung out some more. Lots of people left, so there were only about 7 left but it was still a lot of fun. I remember it all because I didn't drink as much, but that was not the case for the other 6. So I had a good time laughing at their stupidness. I also danced some more and did some dishes. It was great.

Sunday we all left (had to hug it out first), and I went to my grandparents in Columbia for Easter dinner. Yes, I am a heathen and didn't go to Easter mass. I was already in that category though because I didn't go for Christmas mass either. I know, I'm going straight to hell! It's bad. Anyways, dinner was great. Good food as always and we all actually got along and had a good time. Kind of rare in my fam. And there was a huge bucket of jelly belly jellybeans and you know that always makes for a good time.

So tomorrow it's back to work. Boooo. But I'm excited about the next couple of weekends...and the week goes by faster when you have something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment