05 March 2008

No hands, no hands!

So I started coaching my soccer team yesterday and let me just tell you, it was awesome. I was pretty nervous about meeting all the parents and all that, but everyone seemed pretty nice. There was one lady who was a little on the crazy side, but I think it's going to be ok. And of course all the parents stood around and watched me the whole time, so that was a little scary too, but no one said anything so whatever. And I figure, they didn't sign up to coach, so they can't really say much to me. So I have 10 (we got a player added) 5 and 6 year olds, 3 of which are triplets. Those are some crazy kids...there are two girls and a boy and the boy decided yesterday he didn't want to play! Then he saw the jerseys at the end and thought maybe he could play for 5 minutes. I told him he had to play with us the whole time or he wasn't getting a jersey...we shook on it, so I think we struck a deal. Anyways, all the kids were pretty excited and listened to me. The biggest problem was getting them not to pick up the ball with their hands. Kind of a big deal in soccer, but they figure if they can't the ball to go where they with their feet, they'll just pick it up and move it to where it needs to go. Nay nay, that is not how soccer works my young friends. We will figure it out soon enough...surely after me yelling "no hands, no hands!" a few hundred times per practice they will start to catch on. We'll see. I also have a wanderer. He's pretty awesome and likes to throw out random and incoherent bits of information while I'm explaining something. Yesterday he told me, "my bridge is lighting up," referring to the big Cooper River bridge that was behind us. I had no idea it was his...I thought it was Arthur Ravenels, but I was wrong...it's his. Another favorite past time is wandering off the field to sit in the bleachers when he wants a snack or just feels like taking a break. He also has a pretty sweet bowl cut. Anyways, all the kids are great and I am super excited about the rest of the season. I need some help with practice, 30 minutes is kind of long time when I can only get them to focus for about 5 minutes at a time. They are all so dang cute though! And funny, they just run around like crazy people and it is quite entertaining.

Also, I moved into my new house last weekend! It was quick and painless and right now I am just trying to get my room together and decorate. I have so much stuff and so little space, it's kind of a problem. I am looking for a desk and some book shelves, but don't know exactly what I want. I'm doing ok though...I just want to get my stuff out of boxes and into some furniture, ya heard? I love love LOVE living on my own though. Last night I came home and made myself dinner and sat at my table and felt like such a big girl! It was awesome. Dinner was slightly sub par, but I'm going to become a master chef, just you wait. Right now it's dinner on a budget. Also, it's make-dinner-as-fast-as-possible dinner because I'm always STARVING when I get home. That needs to change too. I'm thinking an afternoon snack would help.

And lastly, today I got asked out by someone at work. That was awkward.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I want to come see your house! And I totally was wierd...may still be. I'm excited you're living the big girl life now, and i think you should go out with the person at work, just because it would make a good story. Oh, and yay soccer coaching!

    that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I want to come see your house! And I totally was wierd...may still be. I'm excited you're living the big girl life now, and i think you should go out with the person at work, just because it would make a good story. Oh, and yay soccer coaching!

    that's all.

    ReplyDelete