17 March 2008

Beware the Ides of March

...not really, but I thought it was appropriate, even though Caesar was killed yesterday.

Anyways, the week was somewhat uneventful. Had some more crazies come in, but that really isn't anything new. I am, however, getting REALLY tired of the stupid and rude people that come and call in the office. I am more tolerant of stupid, because stupid is as stupid does really (whatever that means. Ms. Gump, could you explain please?) but rude, rude is just unacceptable. There is just no call for it. Like I've stated before, I am not the reason why people have to come in and get a drug test. I am merely the facilitator. I am not in the wrong and should not be cussed at, thank you very much.

Gosh, I'm tired. But I know my adoring public can't live another day without a recent post, so I'll push through. I had quite the weekend, so that's why I'm so tired. Friday night I babysat for the BEST kids. Seriously, it was the easiest thing I've ever done for fifty bucks. It was a little boy from my soccer team and his sister. The kids were fabulous and cute and we watched 101 Dalmatians, an excellent choice. They only made it halfway through the movie (how awesome is it that kids go to bed at 8:00), but I finished it on my own. I love me some Disney movies, I'm not ashamed. I have all the videos (where they are, I have no clue) and want all the DVDs, but they are so dang expensive! Each one is like, $30! I don't have that kind of dough to be spending on movies! So, yeah, keep that in mind for future gift purchases. So after dalmatians, I watched Robin Hood because it has amazing music and then Mary Poppins because it's one of my all time faves, also with great music. So yeah, my Friday night involved three Disney movies...a good night if you ask me.

Saturday I had 9:00 practice. Why it couldn't be at 10, I don't know, but I managed to get up and put on a smile. It was a good practice though...we even scrimmaged another team. The other coaches were pretty hardcore though, it was cracking me up. His team was already set up and I was trying to get mine together and he goes, "you might want to think about getting your defense on the field." I was like, uh thanks, I'll get right on that. Defense?! Are you joking me? We only play five kids at a time, and one is the goalie! There's no such thing as defense! It's pretty much every man for himself...there are no positions, no passing, no assists...it's I want to score a goal and I'll steal the ball from my own teammate if I have to. But the scrimmage was good (we lost, sadly) and I realized there are a lot of things my team needs to go over before the season really starts. Like how to shake hands. They didn't understand the concept of walking down the line to shake everyone's hand. I don't know why they couldn't, but they all just stood there.

After practice, I did some random stuff, then met Allison downtown to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I'm Irish, so of course I had to get completely wasted. At 4 in the afternoon. That's right. I had to call it a night at 8:00. Well, I was actually just going to go home and take a short nap and then head out for round two, but because of the crazy weather going on, round two was canceled. It was probably for the best. By 9:30 I had already managed to make a fool out of myself, spill water all over my room and do some detrimental drunk dialing. Which is weird, because I rarely drunk dial, but I guess I was feeling festive. I managed to control myself and didn't call a big no-no, so I guess it wasn't all bad. I don't really drink that often anymore either, so maybe that had something to do with it. Had to get all the stupid out. So yeah, I went to bed at 9:30. Woke up at 2:30 am, was hungover, ate some crackers, went back to sleep and woke up this morning just fine. Then my roommate conned me into going to church with him. It wasn't all bad, but church just really isn't my thing (I know, I'm a heathen) so I don't think I'll be going back. Much to the sadness of him and the welcome lady that tried to give me lunch and a praise CD. I talked my way out of both, but it was kind of a challenge. I babysat again today and the kids weren't as good. The little girl was actually kind of a bitch. Well, she was fine until she fell down and then she got mean! Her brother ran into her and she fell over but she took it all out on me! She was like, I hate you, we are not friends! I was like, what the hell!?! I didn't say that but she did accuse me of saying bad words and was going to tell her mom. I was like, um well you'd be lying. Then I realized I was arguing with a four year old and made myself shut up. We made up later, but she was pretty hateful for a while.

Ok, adoring public, I really must get to bed now. I got a little burst of energy while listening to my new obsession, "Cupid's Shuffle." But it is fading fast. I know that song is like a year old, but I just recently discovered it and think it's pretty awesome. I'll try to update soon. Read old posts if you need a fix. Ciao ciao. Have a Happy St. Patricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment