12 January 2009

Heaven on Earth

So, after an extremely uneventful weekend, I was rifling through some old computer files. I do that sometimes when I am feeling bored or nostalgic. Or, when I should be doing something else on my computer. Like now, when I should be working on my TEFL course. Anyways, so I came across this old video from my study abroad days and thought I would share. Lucky yall because it hasn't been shared ever before. Mainly because no one ever wanted to see it.



So there you go. This was literally one of the very best days of my life. I was in Greece for Spring Break with five of my study abroad friends. We rented a car and were cruising around Santorini, enjoying the beautiful weather and being awesome. The radio was kind of struggling because it was mainly people babbling in Greek or strange Greek music. But, we were flipping through the stations and my very favorite song came on! What are the freaking chances people!??! I mean, seriously, it was complete craziness. And then, to make it even MORE crazy, Laura's (the girl filming) favorite song came on after that! Which was Good Vibrations...I think. I know it was some crazy dance song like that.

I can't really explain my attachment to this song. It doesn't make any sense, even to me. But when Belinda starts up, it seriously just make me so incredibly happy. I can't stop smiling, no matter what I'm doing. And driving around in Greece, listening to a Greek radio station really just made my life. In fact, just watching the video today made me ridiculously happy even though my life kind of sucks right now. So all is well. My camera unfortunately died before we could get to the arm pump part (which is the best part), so that was kind of sad. But I'm glad I at least got some of it on camera. I'm sure you are too.

I heard the song another time in a German bar while I was in Italy. It was St. Patrick's Day and I was with some of the people I volunteered with at the soup kitchen and none of them spoke English very well. So the song came on and I got super pumped, but they didn't really understand why and I couldn't really explain it. So I just kind of looked like a fool, but whatever. One of the guys could speak English ok though, and he understood that I was trying to say that my favorite song was playing. He did not, however, understand why that was my favorite song. Very few people do understand. Actually, I have yet to meet anyone that appreciates the song like I do. His favorite song was "I'll Be Watching You" by The Police. Don't ask how I remember that.

Um, so I found the real music video for you. And holy shit, it is so incredibly awesome. No idea why I had never seen it before, but it just made the song 100 million times better for me. Please enjoy... What is going on with those creepy globe holding kids?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQahvFdQVu8

And then I found her singing it live and that is pretty awesome as well:

I am totally digging her outfit. As well as the back-up singers and the guitar playing that is rocking out hardcore.

There was also a video of Ashley Tisdale doing a remix, but I am not justifying that shit with a link. She needs to be punched in the face.

Right, so now that I've dedicated an entire post to ONE song, I think I'll call it a night. And the sad part is, I have more to say about it.

1 comment: