23 January 2009

Of Course

So I've been feeling a little uninspired lately. Which is weird because I'm pretty sure the rest of the country has just been bursting with inspiration lately. I don't know, I'm just not feeling it. I'm really not a very political person, nor do I really enjoying discussing deep things via blog. Basically, I was not really on board with the Obama fever that swept the nation this week. Oh man, I am going to get myself in SO much trouble for this, but I really think people are getting just a little bit out of control. GASP! I know, I clearly am going to straight to American hell. But hear me out. I think this is a VERY exciting time and I am super excited about the potential of Obama. And I think it's great that we have an African-American president. I do not, however, think Obama is going to save the entire world in four years. Nor is he going to salvage American culture (and we need some help). And you know what, I'm just going to stop there in fear of Obama fans hunting me down. But just so we're straight, Obama is great, I'm excited about his presidency. But, I think people need to realize he is not the answer to every one's problems. I guess I am just kind of nervous that people are going to be disappointed. And it makes me sad that his race is constantly being mentioned. And, I think articles like this: http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/01/michelle_obama_under_fire_for.html are RIDICULOUS. People like that are why racism is never going away. Seriously, why are people so lame? Moving on, I don't feel like getting myself worked up. Also, Bella just pooped on the carpet so I need to take care of that.

Moving on...the carpet is clean. My blog is getting added to the Skirt! magazine list of blog setters. I'm kind of nervous. Mainly because most people write about important things while I mainly write about myself. It's not anything new though, as you can see in past posts. If you don't like it, stop reading. Anyways, we get a theme every month so hopefully that will inspire me to write amazingly profound and wise things. We also have to post 3-4 times a week (whoa!), so that might force me into writing about important things. We'll see. The point of my blog though is to make people laugh and think about random things. It's also a way for me to talk about whatever I want without actually having someone to listen to me.

I also think I've been kind of uninspired because there is so much negativity surrounding me these days. Nothing is being done with the arson investigation and that is SUPER frustrating. It's actually making me pretty angry. Also, one of my step brothers friends just hung himself and that just makes me so sad. One, because it is just depressing that someone is so far gone that they think killing themselves is the only thing left to do. And two, the conversations that the topic sparked just made me sad. And this weather is KILLING me. I cannot stand cold weather and it is just bringing me down. As much as I love those silly puppies, I am don't love cleaning up pee and poop constantly. And lastly, my stomach has been acting all kinds of crazy lately and it is beginning to get old.

So there you have it. I'm negative and grouchy these days. I'm hoping positivity is going to kick back in soon. I like being happy. I think those days are just around the corner, so prepare yourselves.

The Office is on! So that's a start to the trail that leads to Happyville.

No comments:

Post a Comment