17 April 2009

A Medley

OH PEOPLE.

Sorry it has been so long. I didn't want to ruin my ONE HUNDREDTH POST with bad news, so that is why I have been putting off writing anything. Because I was grouchy and full of bad news. But...NOT TODAY!!! NOT only is it my ONE HUNDREDTH POST, but it is also a day of very fabulous news and things to look forward too.


First off, let us celebrate the ONE HUNDREDTH POST. I'm excited, and I hope you are too! Here is a lovely medley of songs with which to celebrate. Enjoy and have a little dance party at your computer. Please. For me.

[Um, right. So I was totally going to put songs here. But then I got lazy and tired and I really just want to post this...so that will have to come later. For now, there is just one. But it's fun. More later. Maybe.]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwEMxYggoKQ

Ok. Next order of business: POSITIVE news! And I am just full of it! It has been quite the roller coaster ride these last couple of weeks. Here's why: I found out I got the job in Italy! Hooray! Celebrate...tell everyone I know and some random strangers. Next day, find out that instead of a three month contract (as agreed upon), they could only offer me a job for two weeks. AHH. WHAT?!?! NOOOOOOO. Retreat into bedroom, refuse phone calls and dream of breaking things. I won't even get into all the reasons why two weeks of work is ridiculous, I'll just say I was super SUPER frustrated. Then, there's hope that I could possibly work more, but I have to wait for.ev.er. for the woman in Italy to email me back. And between Easter (Italians are serious about Easter, I know this first hand) and the earthquakes over there (so sad), the office was closed for quite some time and I had to wait a long time to hear back. Oh yeah, and here's the best part-she tried to email me waaaay back in March and it didn't go through, for whatever reason. Oh, it could have saved so much heartache! Moving on, I finally heard from her again. First it was bad news, sorry, I can't give you more time. Then the good: someone canceled and you can now have five weeks! YAY YAY YAY YAY! No, this still means I will not be making a ton of money, but I don't really care because I will at least be making enough to break even. And I'll be in ITALY so who really gives a shit? Not me! AND-I have found a family in Greece that I can Au Pair for from July-September, which just fits into my new life plan so perfectly because the camp will be over July 4. Those plans are still in the works, so we'll see..but things are looking good! Hip Hip HOORAY! Seriously, I am so pumped! Now, I just have to move out of my house and get all my shit together before June 1 when I leave. For Italy. :) :) :) :)

Also, I'm going to New Jersey to visit my lovely sister in May, as well as attending a study abroad reunion in New York that weekend. So I just have all kinds of things to look forward too and I really could not be more pleased.

I'm so happy I got to share all of this with you. (That was said in the flattest voice possible...if you've seen Dirty Dancing Havana Nights, you know what I'm talking about. So funny)

So yeah, I've got my fingers crossed and want you to cross them for me as well. And if you pray, say a little prayer for me.

Also, this Au Pair website is cracking me up! Here is my favorite line so far:
I don´t want someone who doesn´t know how to be in every place, and doesn´t know how to eat (without noise).
I think that means she needs someone that can adapt to different situations and has some manners. I could be wrong.

Alright, well I have more good things to say, but I'm going to wait until later when I'm not so tired. And when I can think of another good Rolling Stones song. I feel like a traitor. Sorry Mick. I'll send you a postcard from Italy.

CIAOOOOOOOO :)

2 comments: