22 May 2009

Mamma Mia!

PEOPLE-It is May 21st. It will be May 22 in 45 minutes. That means I am leaving in EIGHT DAYS. OH MY GOODNESS.

I don't even know what to do with myself. Especially since I have not packed, or even attempted to pack. I set aside some things I would like to take and that's about it. They probably won't fit in my suitcase. Do I even have a suitcase? Perhaps not. I can't find it at the moment. I have forbidden myself from entering Target again for the rest of my time here. I've literally been there five times in the past two weeks and spent well over $100. And what do I have to show for it? Some shorts? Maybe some other useless stuff too.

But here is some AWESOME news:
Sadly, it is not an earlier Harry Potter release date. It's even BETTER! I get to go to a REAL, honest-to-goodness Greek wedding. I, for real, could not be more excited. I have been getting some fabulous emails from my Greek family (some examples in a moment) and one of them said I needed to bring a formal dress for their older son's (not the one I'm taking care of) wedding! A BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING. Or maybe it'll be Mamma Mia style, I just don't know. Either way, I can. not. wait. It might be the best day of my life. If it surpasses the photo shoot at the Vatican (see Fourteen), I can die happy. Ok, not really, because I have to go to Austin's wedding before that can happen. But, it could possibly the best thing ever. I don't know, I'll let you know the day after. Other great news I've gotten from Pericles. Um, yes, his name is really Pericles. Anyways:
-"Don't panic-You are not going to outer space." [I had some packing issues]

He also sent me a schedule of my typical day. Here are some highlights:
-15:30-18:00: Seista (At least for Panayotis) [For jacky too! Naptime, yes please!]
-21:00-21:00 Putting the pieces together... (shower, relaxing) [aka more nap time]
-21:00 Dinner [People, that is dinner at 9:00. Love it]

There was also some other things that included sailing, shopping, taking shots and dancing. So, pretty much my dreams come true. Oh wait, here is my favorite part:
(If you visit the Google Earth sites, you will find out that our place is next to the beach – we open the door and there we are!)
Oh god. Can't wait. Seriously, come visit.

And as an added bonus, here are some pictures from the Vatican photo shoot...since none were added in the original post. You're welcome.

This is a polizia people. Not a poser caribinieri. (jk...I don't know the difference)

Is that a sniper up there? No, it's the Camerlengo!

In front on the fountain? Yes, I take.

I don't know if you can tell in this photo, but my face is literally about to explode with happiness.

Photo Credits:
Taken at 2 in the morning by some very lovely polizia. Grazie, polizia!

No comments:

Post a Comment