06 May 2009

Shut up, just shut up

That's in a song, right? I think I've heard it before.

Credentials aside, I would like to take this time to make some comments on people that I feel need to shut up.

First up, Bristol Palin. In an extreme case of do as I say and not as I do, she now feels it is her duty to tell the youth of America that abstinence is the right thing to do. Yes, thank you Bristol. Perhaps you should have listened to that advice and and not had sex as a young, unwed teen. Oh wait, you were told abstinence was the best policy? Hm, and that didn't work? Weird. Then maybe now it's time to look into another form of birth control. And no, the rhythm method is not the next best thing. Also, way to go on making your son feel completely unwanted. I'm sure that when he grows up and learns about the comments you're making, he is going to be thrilled. Who doesn't love hearing they were a mistake? It's just going to add to the fun times he'll be having shuffling back and forth to mom and dad's house, since his parents are not together anymore. And they're all over national television talking shit about each other. Man, these are some classy people. Definitely the type of person I want on the news telling teenagers how to behave. Quite the role model.

Speaking of role models, back to Miss California, whatever her name is. I just love how she, as a Christian, can use being a Christian to fit whatever role she wants to play and cover any mistakes that she makes. Being a Christian is just so convenient! And not only does she get to cover her tracks, but she gets to keep others down while doing it! Apparently some naughty pictures have surfaced of her. I mean, whatever girl...if posing naked fits into your Christian lifestyle, go on with your hot self. Flaunt it so everyone can see. I was under the impression only your spouse (and in her case, that would have to be someone that is opposite of her) could see your naughty parts, but I haven't been to church in a while, so I might be behind the times. No, no, silly me. She is a Christian AND a model, so that makes it ok to pose in swim wear, lingerie, and/or topless. A little prayer, bam! It's taken care of, all is forgiven. And breaching her contract, also forgivable. No need to get all upset people, even though it's legally binding, the lord called her to go above it and speak on behalf of opposite marriage for her church. Her CHURCH. Much more important than silly old contractual obligations. Those things are earthly and petty and probably will not follow you to heaven, so why be concerned with them now? And then, this is one of my favorite parts, some woman from Miss CA's church is standing up for her and uses this as her argument (or something along these lines): As a former unwed single mom, I support whatsherface. You don't have to be perfect to stand up for traditional (or whatever they are calling it) marriage. AH! Where do these people get off? They are so self-righteous. It's ok for ME to have premarital sex and live my life in sin, but it's not ok for other people to have a different lifestyle and be homosexual. And giving those people rights as a legally married couple? Absolutely not!

Here is my beef: Why? Why spend your life trying to oppress others when what they are doing has absolutely NO bearing on you or your Christian life. And why is it even about religion? It's not! People what equality legally. If you don't want to recognize that they are married in the church, don't! I mean, what about those men and women that are legally married in the court, but never had a church wedding because they are atheist? Or people that are married and aren't Christian? Yes, they do exist. I guess, overall, I don't understand why people waste their time hating. Why hate on some one's lifestyle that is not doing you any harm? Jeez, at least take up arms against people that deserve it. If gay people can't get married, I don't think pedophiles should be allowed to either! Or racially insensitive people...or people that do drugs...or that beat their kids...or wear ugly clothes. All are undeserving of equality. I guess Kat Williams is right, people always gotta be hatin. And if you don't have anyone to hate on, feel free to hate on me. You can sit back there and say my hair isn't luxurious when you know it is.

Annnndddd....done ranting. Thank you.

Anyways, for something positive: My Chic-Fil-A soccer team's picture is on the wall at the restaurant in Mt. Pleasant! It's like I'm a celebrity! Seriously, I am just so tickled by this. I want to take people there and show it off. I just found out tonight, but from here on out, all my dates will take place at the Mt. P Chic-Fil-A. It's going to be awesome.

Also, I just found out the Michael Jackson cover band "Who's Bad" will be playing at Rockin on the Point this Friday and I MUST go. I need friends to go with me. I have a limited number here. This needs to be fixed by Friday.

Off to make friends. Peace out.

2 comments:

  1. who's bad is SOOOOOO GOOOD!!!!

    i'm so sad i can't come. i mean seriously Jacky, you CAN NOT miss it. You'll feel like its the real MJ. Back when he was cool and had a nose.

    Digging the blog today btw, miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree to all of the above. Sometimes I feel the need to start a blog just so I can rant about stuff like this. For now, I am glad you do. I don't really know why, but I am.

    I want to go sometime to Rockin on the Point. It has to be a good music night like that one must have been.

    ReplyDelete