01 May 2009

Tell them how I'm DEFYING GRAVITY....

I wish I could sing the title for you, so you could understand the power and passion that goes behind this song. Sadly, having it caps is the only way I can begin to explain the amazing-ness of WICKED! Which I saw this past weekend and it was FABULOUS, once again. I saw it last year in New York and it was just as amazing this time around. Only this time, I knew all the words to the songs and I had to control myself from singing along and/or running up on stage and joining in. It really took a lot of self control. Which I have very little of, so it was hard. Seriously, it's one of the best musicals ever. The book is weird, don't read it. Just go see the musical. Only don't paint yourself green or purchase Wicked book bags and wander around Jacksonville with it on. That's a little extreme. The rest of the weekend in Jacksonville was nice...perfect beach weather, good food, good friends and some dancing. Only, at the end, I'm pretty sure Katrina gave me strep throat (stupid bitch!) because she gets it ALL the time and I had it when I got home. So that sucked. Also, jk about her being a stupid bitch...she was sick too, so it sucks for both of us.

Having strep this week was particularly stressful because I had a MILLION things I needed to be doing and none of them included paying $114 to see a doctor, laying in bed feeling miserable, and taking antibiotics that turned me into a ravenous monster. But it's ok, the money was worth it, I got the antibiotics for free and I feel SO much better today. All is well. I was running around like a crazy person for half the day Wednesday, trying to move everything out of my room so a new person could move in before I left for New Jersey. That was stressful...but it all worked out, thanks to my brother, who has recently decided that doing me favors is not so bad after all. Thanks brother!

So anyways, I flew to New Jersey today (yes, ACTUALLY defying gravity. Elpheba would be so proud), and that is where I am now. My sister is a nanny here in this enormous house and I stayed to take a nap while she took one of the kids to cheerleading. The house is great and big and the people are really nice. They just have this super annoying alarm system that beeps every. single. time. someone opens the door. And for whatever reason, it beeps in her room...not just at the door. Just in case she, or whoever is in her room trying to take a nap, would like to know someone is opening and closing the door a thousand times while unloading groceries. Just in case. But, things are better now, I had a nap and once I get some food (seriously, this medicine is making me an eating monster. I can't get not-hungry), I will be fine and dandy.

The flights were fine. OH MY GOD-I freaking LOVE Sky Mall magazine. Has anyone ever looked through there? They have the CRAZIEST shit! It's so fabulous. I wish I had tons of money so I could buy all of the ridiculous things in there. It is the most random crap, but some of it is like, yeah, I really could use that! For instance, the insect repellent hat. Kind of pricey at $79.95, but I could splurge if it meant no gnats at the soccer games. And then there's stuff like, the only digital camera swim mask. I mean, for $99.95 it's like, do I really need this? And then there is the next tier of crazy things with Bigfoot, the Garden Yeti Sculpture that will "have guests doing a double take at this mythical legend hand-painted for startling realism." And for only $98.95!!!! WHAT?!?! How can it look real when Bigfoot isn't even real!? But the top level of crazy are the movie-themed things you can get. Unfortunately, any discounts you have don't apply to these, so you'll have to pay the full $195 for THE Cryptex from The Da Vinci Code or $395 for the Dark Knight Special Edition Cowl. Whatever the fuck that is. But don't worry, everything in Sky Mall is unconditionally guaranteed for life. So if you ever break the Cryptex, trying to crack the code, I guess they'll give you a new one. Please go to skymall.com to check it out for yourself. Anyways, thanks to Gladys the GPS system, it actually almost as long to get home from the airport as the actual flights. So that was interesting. New Jersey is...interesting. More about that later. I need food for now. And I am super excited about getting to see my study abroad friends in New York this weekend!

Life is so good right now! Hooray!

1 comment: