11 June 2009

Allora

Hey people! So, I dont have a lot of time because I am super tired right now and need to go to bed...but I wanted to update really quick. Also, I may or may not be slightly drunk. Don't judge.

So anyways, camp started yesterday and the its crraaazzzyyy!!! I have 10 kids, ages 6-10. 7 girls and 3 boys. And they know slim to no English. So that's kind of a challenge. It's kind of fun though. And by kind of, I mean, it is super hard. I try to play games and teach them things and I get total blank stares. So it's like teaching a class, or working at camp, only 10 times harder because the kids have no idea what I'm saying. There are a lot of hand gestures and demonstrations involved. Sometimes they understand, sometimes we do things half-right and sometimes I just give up and we move on to something else that involves less explaining. The camp is from 8-4. It is a very long day. It takes a lot of energy to explain yourself 10...no 50 times in one day. But it's fun. And lunch is so funny! It's so Italian, I freaking love it! We get a pasta first course and then some sort of meat for a second dish. The meat is kind of struggling, but the pasta is always ballin'! And the dishes come in these plastic wrap, its very elementary school cafeteria. Only its times more fabulous because they have things like fresh tomatoes in them. And it also comes with a piece of fresh bread and oil and vinegar, if you so desire. Oh, and salt. These people are ALL about salt. It's slightly ridiculous. And then today we had gelato for dessert. Perfetto! I love it.

So that's my life. Yesterday I had to go straight home and take a nap...I couldn't take it. But, today I was a little more used to things and the other tutors and I went out to a bar...or two. And then I came home to my family and spilled water all over the dinner table. Oops. That's what happens when you start drinking at 5 and have dinner at 9.

Don't worry though, I behaved myself otherwise. And now it's time for bed. More later...and pictures soon, promise! We are currently watching Sleepless in Seattle in Italian and it is freaking AWESOME. Tom Hanks is way hotter when speaking Italian.

Ciaooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment