21 June 2009

Triste

Sad for many reasons:

1. I did not get to record LO SPETTACOLO. Sad for everyone, really, because it was fabulous. Ok, so not really fabulous...but better than expected for sure. My kids were super cute and did everything correctly and I was so proud. I have some pictures...but I was not at a good angle for photos during the show, so I don't have many.

2. I had to leave the Family Lugli today. :( They were such a good host family! They were so nice!!! Even though I was a terrible house guest and had all sorts of problems. Multiple illnesses, injuries and requests. I would have been annoyed by me, but they were always so happy! It was great! And, they gave me really good Balsamic Vinegar and BV and strawberry jelly...sounds strange but is actually super tasty.

3. There was no dancing in Carpi. So depressing. I was really wanting to do some dancing last night and it was just not happening. Apparently dancing is not that popular in Italy in general. Italians, PERCHE?!?? So lame! I remember dancing in Rome..but I guess things are different in the smaller towns. Such is life. There will be dancing in Greece though! I have been promised this by my family.

4. The itchy hand disease has still not gone away. SO annoying! My new family is going to take me to a dermatologist soon and hopefully something can be done about this nonsense. I'm over it.

5. My hair is out of control and seriously needs to be cut. I am a little afraid for an Italian haircut, but it must be done.

ALLORA. There are also many reasons to be happy though....

1. My new host family is super nice and super cute. They have two little girls, 3 and 6. They are soo cute! And sooo crazy! But mainly cute. And the mom made homemade pasta today, so tasty and tomorrow, homemade lasagne! Can't wait!

2. I am THIRTY MINUTES from Venice! So exciting! Some of the tutors are going to try and go next weekend and the very idea just makes me so very happy.

3. I'm still in Italy. So I think that trumps all sad things by a million.

More pictures, soon!

Here is the link to the ones I have on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2025231&id=49500152&l=6355cf675b

1 comment:

  1. I just caught up on your blog again. I liked all the details on the last 3 posts before this. I hope your skin thing goes away. I just rolled my ankle and have a bad sprain, so that's fun. I'm out of soccer for at least a couple weeks now. Anyway, love your posts. That's really interesting indeed that they aren't fat, they must be evolutionarily adapted for that kind of eating or something?? No idea, but all very interesting details. There is one kid who is particularly cute- in front with the glasses. Aww!!

    ReplyDelete