25 June 2009

Perfetto

Whoa! Two posts in two days...yall are some lucky people. I just wanted to share because today was just a super fabulous day. Seriously. So great. Things started off with a rainy car ride to school, where we listened to the same song we listen to every day...Parla Con Mi (sp?) and I feel cool because I can kind of sing along now. I am so hip that I know Italian music, it's awesome. But then, it cleared up at camp and turned out to be a really great day. I am really enjoying this camp, even though it does a few annoyances. Apparently the nuns are all about the schedule, which is kind of a pain. The schedule is very binding, and slightly stupid, so it sucks to have to actually follow it. The last camp we had no one looking over our shoulders, so if we sometimes decided to extend break by a few minutes, no one really cared. But now the nuns care, so we have to stick to it. But whatever, camp is still good. I have successfully figured out how to take up huge amounts of time while still being productive and I am just so pleased with myself. And today we had a fashion show and it actually turned out ok. Last camps fashion show was pretty pathetic, so this was a nice change. Oh, and my attempt to trace a child on a piece of paper fell short and this is how I compensated. I crack myself up....


After camp Matt (a fellow tutor) and I wandered around to the center square for a little happy hour and it just made me really happy. The Padova city center is such a cool place...the pics prove it! Then I decided to go into one of the churchs before heading home on the tram and I was once again struck by the hugeness of Italian churchs. The outside is just like, whatever and then you walk in and it's like, Oh. Mi. Dio. It's insane. And even though I have been in tons of them, they never cease to amaze me. So I just sat and soaked in its humongousness for awhile, even though it smelled like fish inside. Then mass started and about 10 priests came walking out with incense and I literally teared up. It just really hit me that I'm in Italy and I am so happy. I love it. I'm sure you can see why...this is what I was wondering around in:





And then I got to come home spaghetti and mussels, and these cuties:



Perfetto! Ciao ciao :)

PS-Apparently something happened with Sanford? Facebook was all crazy with Sanford bashing. Who's got two thumbs and could care less?? THIS GIRL.

PPS-I am normally totally against selfies (taking pictures of yourself with your camera), but I took one..or two...so you lovely people could see the Italian haircut. Thoughts?

2 comments: