24 June 2009

Cosi cosi

Ciao people! GREAT news! I think my hand/foot ailment is getting better! Hooray! Rejoice, everyone. My new family is so fabulous and are taking such good care of me! They got me medicine and cream and check on me every day...its fabulous. Not that my last family wasn't concerned...but I just didn't make as big of a deal about it, and it wasn't as bad. It was totally my fault I let it get this bad. But, like I said, things are getting better and we are on the road to recovery!

My new Italian family also took me to get a fabulous Italian haircut today. It was not exactly what I was going for..but I think it looks...ok. Cosi cosi. I was a little frustrated with the hairdresser...I guess she was assuming I didn't have any input since I couldn't speak Italian, so she just kind of did whatever. And then she blow-dried it straight. Which is fine and dandy, but it was some sort of super crazy hot Italian blow drier and it was burning my forehead! Also, we all know I don't have the time, patience, or equipment to be blow-drying my hair all the time. So it looks fine now, but it won't always. We'll see what happens after I take a shower. I'll let you know. My Italian mom is also buying me a new toothbrush tomorrow because she saw mine in the bathroom and decided it was time for a new one. Love it! And the little girls are sooo cute! They say things like, mammia mia! For real, like in everyday conversation. Also, they watch the movie Mammia Mia pretty much every day. And Padova is a cool place...even though it has rained both days of camp. Pictures soon!

In other news, the new camp is going really well. I am actually kind of sad that I won't be coming back for another one after this. Today, we did relay games with all the kids and they were really really funny. One of them was the kids hopping down the gym with a ball inbetween their knees and it was freaking hysterical to watch. Then we did another one where you had to crawl under everyone's legs in a line and then turn around (if that makes any sense) and I participated with my team (GO TEAM USA!-their choice, not mine!). I was bigger than most (all) of the kids, so I had to do more of an army crawl through everyone's legs, rather than go on my hands and knees. It was quite funny. And slightly painful. I got a little gym burn on my knees.

Also, this new camp has twice as many kids as the last one, but they are, for the most part, better behaved. It is at a school that is run by nuns, so the nuns help us lay down the law sometimes. It's fantastic. I have green this time, which is the level up from yellow, which I had last time. But honestly, some of them are on the same level. I have a few that are ahead of the game, but some of them don't even know the alphabet. Most of the English letters are different from Italian letters, but I feel like after 3 years of English, they should know them. It's a little frustrating. So guess what we did today!? Coloring!!! Yay! Everyone loves it....can't go wrong.

And with the nuns we also got these great little medallion things to pin to our shirts everyday. The school is called Don Bosco and he was a priest or something and his face is EVERYWHERE! Including our pins...it cracks me up. There are flags with his face too and I am totally going to steal one! They look like something you would wave at a football game. Oh yeah, and we get to have prayer time each morning...which is awesome because its twenty minutes that we don't have to be in the classroom. So nice.

Anyways, more pictures soon. A bunch of the tutors are going to Venice this weekend and spending the night in a hotel Friday and Saturday...SO FREAKIN PUMPED!

Ciao ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment