20 August 2009

Better

The title: How my life is. Also, a song by Regina Spektor. It's good.

Well here is how cool I am: 3 countries in 3 days. All in a cast. I got to Germany safe and sound Tuesday morning and teared on during the landing because I was just soo freakin happy to be out of Greece and away from the House of Bitch. There, Christin and her friend Manja picked me up from the airport and had crutches waiting for me. Pretty exciting, right? They are interesting looking crutches though, I call them polio crutches...I have yet to take a picture, but I'm working on it. We went to see the new Harry Potter movie and I was sooooo happy! It was, of course, wonderful, even if it wasn't exactly on par with the book. Now I'm just waiting for the next one, which unfortunately won't be for a while. Anyways, then I got to hang out with Sven and his super cute girlfriend Inka and we had a really great time reminiscing and wandering around Berlin. Well, actually, the wandering part wasn't exactly great. I'm not going to lie, this cast business is a big fat pain in my ass. I know I'm extremely lucky for a lot of reasons, but walking with a cast is seriously un-fun. I have a whole new set of problems because of them. My broken foot doesn't actually hurt anymore...my other foot is the one that hurts now from having all the pressure on it. And my upper body hurts from the stupid crutches. Also, it's costing me a lot of money and that is annoying.

Done complaining. After Berlin we drove back to the Netherlands, where Christin goes to school and hung out in her cool old Dutch house. It's crazy because I felt like I could be in anywhere, USA when we were driving. Other than the signs being in German and then Dutch, it looked like the US. McDonalds and gas stations on the side of the interstate, all that jazz. Anyways, now we are back in Germany at her parents house and everything is good. We have just been hanging out, eating ice cream. It's so lovely to have internet, not be hot as shit, eat whatever I want, and be able to speak English with people.

Right now we are watching a movie and I'm super distracted, so I'm going to get back to that. Just wanted to let everyone know all is well. More updates later. Feel free to check out the pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2026795&id=49500152&l=c6d3678fe5
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2026714&id=49500152&l=6168ea0d8d

No comments:

Post a Comment