31 January 2010

A corndog is just a hotdog wrapped in a delicious sweater

Yessss....best advertisement EVER. And I'm pretty sure it was a for a gas station corndog and that makes it 1000 times even more fabulous. Another good one is a bench that says "We Cater to Dental Chickens!" that is advertising for a dentist's office. It really took me a good minute or so to figure out what they were talking about. And if you haven't caught on yet, it means they are a dentist for little kids who are afraid of the dentist. Not sure who told them that tag line was a good idea, but whatever.

Good news! Germaine is getting better! They moved her to the neurology ICU and things starting looking up. I have been told it was thanks to the power of prayer, but I personally inclined to believe that is because very smart people who knew what they were doing started taking care of her. Or maybe it was all the facebook posts and profile picture changes. I guess we'll never know. I am really happy though! Thanks to anyone who sent good thoughts (or prayers) her way. :)

No fun bus stories today. I take a bus hiatus on the weekends, which is lovely. I'll be back there first thing tomorrow morning though! Last night was super fun...we went to an art opening at a museum, where there was an open bar (yes please!) and I walked around looking at some interesting art, in total disbelief that it was really worth as much as people said it was. I seriously do not understand "art" sometimes. Especially because some of these "pieces" were literally just interesting looking sticks. I mean, the artist didn't even make them! All she did was gather them up and put them on a shelf. Voila, art! Anyways, after that we went to a Korean bar, where my friends and I were the only white people. Then we went to In and Out burger (my first time!) where I was surprised to learn there are only like, 5 items on their menu. And lastly we went to the Mexican version of Waffle House and we were once again, the only white people. We had to peace out early though cause shit was about to go down. There was a very angry man who had hot sauce thrown all in his face and was yelling things about being El Salvadorian and how we all should know how "we do." I didn't want to find out what that meant.

So that's my weekend. The post will say it was posted last week..but don't be fooled. It is M0nday morning and I'm crazy hungry. I kind of want a corndog...

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment