21 January 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away

So when I got to LA the weather was gorgeous! I was bragging to everyone at home about how lovely and warm it was. And now it has been raining for the past four days and isn't scheduled to stop for another 3. So that's awesome. SIKE. And of course, it doesn't normally rain like this (story of my life), only since I got here. But, it's not the worst thing in the world I guess. I can deal with rain. I've lived through hurricanes. And, it'll get me more prepared for Amsterdam! Where it rains more than not and snows too. If Amsterdam happens. Anyways, it's gotten chilly as well, so that sucks in the morning but it's totally going to be worth it when the weather is awesome in the spring and summer. Can't wait.

Anywho-the job is going really well! I actually like it a lot and am looking forward to what is to come. It's in the slow season right now, but it'll pick up soon and it'll be FUN, I just know it. Oh yeah, I guess I never explained the job. I'm the housing and admissions coordinator (I know, fancy title, right?) at a language school that teaches English to kids from all over the world. I get to meet lots of cool interesting people with fun accents and it's a block from the beach! Woo hooo! It's pretty far from where I live, but I honestly don't mind the bus ride. I mean, it's not my favorite thing in the world, but I can definitely deal for now.

In other news, LA is just really fun in general. I have lots of fun friends here and there are so many random things to see and do. I tried to get up close and personal with the Hollywood sign, but it was too foggy to really see. I can't wait for the weather to get nice so I can truly enjoy the sunny Cali weather. I have not spotted any celebrities yet, but I don't really care. Until I cross paths with Taylor Lautner, no one else really matters. I also have to wait until he turns 18, so I think I've got some time. Oh, and today I ate some Greek yogurt and my stomach freaked out on me. I think it was made because it thought it was back in Greece, being forced to eat all kinds of odd things it doesn't really enjoy. But don't worry, it's back to normal now and we're getting along just fine. It otherwise enjoys LA.

That's all for now. Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment