23 June 2010

A Moment of Silence

An awesome person passed away today. My aunt's sister (by marriage..I don't know what her official family title is) ended a long battle with breast cancer today and I want to take a moment and remember her. She was a really really nice person, amoung other things. She was also hilarious, had such a good attitude about her disease, always had something nice to say and left behind two really great kids. One Thanksgiving she freaked out all the younger kids by taking off her wig and leaving it hanging on a chair. She made all the older ones, me inculded, happy by letting us try it on. The best part was that it was this crazy blond wig that didn't look anything like her real hair, she just thought it would be fun. And more recently, when she decided wigs were too itchy to bother with, she took to painting her bald head for football games in support of her nephew.

Long story short: she was a really cool person and I know she will be missed by a lot of people, myself included. I just hope she is somewhere with Pa, having a beer, and enjoying herself. She really deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment