19 December 2011

Massive Fail

I figured out the secret to baking. It's patience.  Therefore, my career as a baker has come to an end. Sad, but true. I think it was just beginners luck with the first bread because since then, I have ruined 8 loaves of bread. So, so sad. I just can't recreate the magic of those first two perfect loaves. Booooo. I am going to try to read up on some bread making tips and see what I can do. Until then, I'm going to wallow in self-pity. I mean, the whole reason I like to baking it is to bask in the glory of praise when I make it beautiful. Now it's all ugly and I feel like a total failure.

In some more baking news, I've found that cookie decorating is not quite as easy or as fun as I always think it's going to be. Again, with the patience problems. It's super aggravating to roll them out and cut, I can't ever seem to get them shaped properly,  I don't want to wait on them to cool, and the frosting doesn't ever do what I want it to. It's a big huge stupid mess and someone needs to remind me of that next time I get to thinking holiday baking is a good idea. I also wanted to attempt a caramel cake, but that has been put on hold until my baking confidence has come back up.

Other than my failures in the kitchen, things are going pretty well. I am enjoying my time at the ham store, my car is cruising right along and I freaking love the holidays. Watched 'Love Actually' tonight and my love for it has been renewed. I never stopped loving it, it has just been awhile. We hate Uncle Jaime!

Ok, nothing else interesting to report. I'm tired, later dudes.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment