17 April 2012

Everything is Grand

In a super fantastic mood right now. First off, I made myself dinner. Turns out, I'm awesome at making dinner. Even with a limited selection of ingredients. Good cheese in Korea is hard to come by. It's quite sad. It's hard to find it and most of it is only in specialty shops so it's expensive. And you have to buy it in these insanely huge amounts...like, Costco style. Who is going to go through that much cheese?! I am trying to work on a sharing situation with some people but there are a lot of people into organic only here and that complicates things. Losers. Anyway, my quesadillas were fabulous if I do say so myself. Since I'm the only one that ate them, I'll have to vouch for myself. And this is even without cheese! I'm a culinary genius, obviously. Anyway, I also have a yummy wrap all ready to go for lunch tomorrow. Even though school lunch today was quite tasty...we had gimbap, which is the Korean version of sushi.

I also did laundry, did a bunch of stuff for school and cleaned my apartment tonight. Extremely productive evening. I started on a series of bombass birthday cards for my students. Seriously, they are awesome. I did tell myself I would go to bed at 10:30, but that is not happening. It never does. 1:00 is more realistic. I get going and just can't stop. Plus I am getting so many great ideas for school! There are a million things I want to do and songs I want to sing. However, the school admin is a little bit on the crazy side and gives us like, 10 side projects to do each week. This is in addition to the set curriculum and books we are supposed to be doing.

We have a thing called "open class" coming up at the end of May and everyone is already freaking out about it. Being the newbie, I obviously have no idea what it means but apparently you have to plan way ahead and rehearse and blah blah. It's when the moms come in and observe a "class." I say "class" because like I said, it's rehearsed, and we have to sing songs. So it's more like a play. I wasn't really worried until today when I realized my kids are a bit on the slow and shy side and we might have some problems. In open class you have to make sure every child speaks. I'm worried my kids will freeze up with an audience. Plus, they are not very good at answering questions. They are excellent at repeating things, but asking individuals questions poses a problem. We have a few weeks, so hopefully we can get it together. However, I'm not too stressed. I mean, I want the parents to like me, but this whole thing seems way ridiculous and blown out of proportion. But, that is the Korean way, I'm finding.

Anyway, I am going to watch some SNL online which will continue to make me happy. Now I just need to figure out how to stream Ellen and Jimmy Fallon. Anyone know?

Dream big people!

Another source of happiness: watching The Muppets Movie online. It was fantastic in person and it was equally as good on my computer. The sound quality suffered a bit, but other than that, amazing. Jason Segel is a genius. Hilarious and precious...a difficult combination, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment