19 July 2012

A Good Day

Today was amazing!

First off, Happy Birthday Dad!!! I hope you got my email and have a great day! :)

And since it's almost my birthday, I got a birthday present at school from my precious little Joshua...he gave me a pack of very fancy pens. Much appreciated. Usually, for teacher's birthdays, the school gets you a cake..but the kids don't really do anything. But, today we had our monthly birthday party for the kids and the moms included me!!! I felt so special..it was awesome. My name was on the sign and everything! I felt kind of bad because they didn't do anything like this for my co-teacher last month, but she also didn't tell the kids every day in June that her birthday was coming up....like I've done all of July. Whoops. But I love birthdays!

I did not get an awesome Sesame Street hat, but I did get lots of cupcakes, some tissues, some churros and a bunch other random treats..as well as a card from another teacher. It is a good start to the birthday celebrations! Sadly though, the cupcakes, like most Korean baked goods, looked a lot better than they tasted...they were super cute Cookie Monster and Elmo themed, but tasted pretty blah. But whatever, what Korea lacks in sweets, they make for with BEEF! Birthday celebration continues tomorrow with Korean BBQ!!! Soooo yummy, definitely my favorite thing to eat here!



In addition to great birthday treats, my mom came today!!!!! HOOORAAAAYYYY!!!! I had sent her a Korean phone in the mail to use when she got here, but for whatever reason it didn't work when she arrived. So I figured I would just go wait at the bus stop for her..it's just down the street from my school. I got held up at school so I left later than I wanted (was getting information about my stupid electric bill...ugh, SO ANGRY about that thing), and I was walking with my friend, saying, haha, wouldn't it be funny if we walked up and she was just standing there? And guess what...she was! Luckily she had only been there for a few minutes, but she said she did have a mini moment of panic when she realized she didn't have a way to get in touch. But it's all good one...we had yummy dinner and now she's passed out (it's 8:30). She also brought me tons of stuff from home...she's like Santa Clause! It's awesome...I have a whole new wardrobe. Love it so much. Oh, and my awesome new glittery Toms that I am totally in love with. She also brought me mail that included a postcard from Finland, which I think is pretty awesome. Thanks, former CSL student! 


The only blip in the day was the electric bill. Mine DOUBLED this month and my friend at school called them for me and they said it was because I ran the AC all the time. It just doesn't make any sense to me though because I ran it the same amount as last month. They said last month I used 69 kw and this month I used 387. I'm sorry, but I'm calling bullshit on that mess.  Also, apparently I cannot go over 300 kw of electricity per month and then I have to pay a shit ton more. Which makes me sooooooo freaking angry because WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THIS? Then I was like, how would I even keep track of that? Oh, because there is a freaking meter right outside my door, that I have never even noticed until today. Ugh, so pissed. The whole thing is total nonsense and I'm angry. But whatever, I am not going to pay it until after vacation and then I'm never turning on my AC or lights ever again. I will get candles and now I have a fan, so fuck you Korean electric company.

Whew, now that is done with. I am excited for my kids to meet Mom Teacher tomorrow and then Korean BBQ and THEN THAILAND! OH MY GOODNESS. So much excitement in the next few days.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment