18 July 2012

Good Times

Well, here I am again, it's midnight and I am wide awake. I wasn't super tired today but there was definitely a time in the afternoon when I could have used a nap. And now it's time for bed and I have thought of a million different things I could be doing. I finally got a book on Thailand, so I have all that to peruse through, I have Pinterest  I could be looking at for more things in my apartment I should probably be cleaning, I have facebook, clothes to put away, birthday cards to make, the list goes on. But I'm updating this blog instead so all 5 of my readers won't be worried about me.

Things have been really great lately. I know I talk about it constantly but I just really really REALLY love my kids and my job. They make me so happy every day and I am legitimately sad I won't get to see them for 10 days. I am going to have to watch videos and look at pictures to have my Cherry class fix. I recently made a video of them singing (see fb) and it fills me with so much happiness every time I watch it...which is a lot. Ugh, they are just TOO DAMN PRECIOUS. I can't stand...I really can't.

Oh, and we had Parent/Teacher conferences last week and everything went fine. It was pretty awkward talking, getting translated and then sitting through 5-10 minutes of Korean but nothing terrible. The whole thing was just kind of weird, but whatever. I feel terrible I can't speak any Korean but that is what happens when you're lazy. Most of the moms were so cute and concerned about their kids. I found it harder to say bad things about their child in front of them though. I mean, I only have one kid who is sooooo frustrating and annoying and I was all ready to tell his mom, but she looked so nervous and was trying to speak English so I just kept my mouth shut. Plus she was totally weird so now I get why her kid is as well. I also got to meet Ray's mom (my precious devil child) and she just looked tired, haha. I can't even imagine what Hurricane Ray is like at home. Yesterday he came to school and was just crying and crying...he didn't want to come to school and his mom had to bring him upstairs (usually he's dropped at the curb) and I had to go calm him down in the hallway. I'm like the Ray whisperer. I finally got him to calm down, but it was quite a task. I guess he had a good day though because today at the drop off he jumped out of the car and into my arms, which made me feel super special. Oooh, he is so terrible but I just love him. The other frustrating kid is not as cute so it's harder for me to overlook his annoying-ness.

Tonight I had a little girls night and it was just so lovely. I miss just hanging out with girl friends, chilling and doing whatever. I realize this usually stops around college, but still. College was the best. I'll take a little slice of it back if I can.

And I am also SO EXCITED BECAUSE MY MOM GETS HERE IN LESS THAN 48 HOURS!!!! Woooo, I seriously cannot wait! MY MOM IS COMING!!!! I still can't even believe it. I am just so happy because I really had prepped myself for a year with no family. I knew it would be hard and somewhat depressing, but I had convinced myself it was possible. But now I don't have to! Hooray! And who knows, maybe someone else will come for my other breaks. The invitation is there! Come on over!! Um, also, we are going to THAILAND. Which is going to be amazing. Even though I've been freaking out over planning and all that, I just know it's going to be awesome. We are going to the really touristy part (I'm not even sure why..I didn't really decide that part) and there has been some terrible stuff about it online, but most people I talk to in person have good things to say. So it's been a little stressful (I know, champagne problems), but still really pumped about the whole thing.

There was tons of other stuff to talk about, but I for real need to go to bed. Gotta rest up for Mom Teacher's visit!!! We have a countdown in our classroom for her. I know, too precious.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment