25 October 2012

Lemon the Koala

Today I discovered a new fantastic way to entertain myself in class. Make the kids write totally ridiculous sentences and then draw a picture to go with it. We have this writing book that is very very silly...not that it's funny but that it's "draw and write" and they have to draw some really random things. Like a pick up truck. Which wouldn't be so bad but there are also vocabulary words that go with it and trying to explain what "feed" is to Korean 5 year olds is not fun. No no, not feed yourself, but feed, like it's food. Feed is food that farmers feed to animals.

ANYWAY. Today we had to write a sentence about a koala. Other than the pick up truck, the drawings have all been animals and I always have the kids name it. They kind of suck at this, they always suggest months (July the puppy), things at school (PSA the snail) or their friends...which I don't allow. They chose Lemon for the koala so whatever. And usually we write sentences about the animals doing animaly things...like, "July the puppy likes to sleep and play. She chews bones." Boring things like that. So today I'm getting sentence suggestions and we get "Lemon the Koala climbs trees all day. She likes to eat leaves." Then I ask them, what does she do at night? Does she go dancing? Go to parties? I was thinking they would be all, nooooo! She sleeps! (They do that a lot) but they were all, YES!! She goes dancing!! So I was all, uhh, ok, you are the most awesome kids ever. So the last sentence of the paragraph was, "At night she goes to dance parties." And it turned out to be the most entertaining thing ever. First off, the kids all have to read the sentences to me, and I laughed every time one did. All twenty times. Then, they have to draw a picture to go with it and then I was just dying! It was so fantastic. But the best part? They are all OBSESSED with Gangnam Style so duh, Lemon was dancing the Gangnam Style dance! She was all, Oppa Lemon the Koala Style! I was laughing so hard. So yeah, that is my new plan...put animals in completely ridiculous situations and then see how the kids do a visual representation of it. I can't wait. Here are some pics of the best ones I got today:



Even though it's a tree, Lemon looks a little scandalous here. 

Definitely the best Gangnam Style representation

Club Koala...complete with a CD player. Heyyyy Sexxyyy Lemmmooon


Then we had a goodbye party for our assistant teacher and it was sad. But also hilarious because we gave them bugles and they all put them on their fingers like goobers and started yelling, "more fingernails please!"






I love this job so much.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment