02 April 2008

Ballin'

Literally. But I'll get to that later.

oooooh-GOOD weekend! (I started writing this post on Monday and am just now finishing it...oops) 100% fabulous. Wait, maybe 90%...car not starting was less than fabulous. But, Ralph (the car) is better than ever now, so all is well. So, let's talk bachelorette party. Whoa, crazy times. I'd never been to one before, so I didn't really know what to expect, but it turned out to be really fun. Nellifers came down and we partied it up with Katie and her friends at Pantheon. Yes, that's right. This would be my second visit to the gay club in the last two months. Both times were fun, so I'm not ashamed. Other than the penis party favors, my favorite part of the evening would have to be when a girl danced up to me, asked if I was straight and then danced off when I told her yes. I was a little sad to see her go, I'm not gonna lie. JK..she wasn't that hot.

On to Saturday. Things didn't look that promising after it turned freezing and Ralph wouldn't start..but thanks to indoor heating and Ray letting me borrow his car, things picked up. Not only did I get to leave, but I also did it with class, red BMW convertible style. Um, it's a 94 so don't get too jealous...and it was raining and freezing, so I couldn't enjoy the convertible part. Anyways, I went to Columbia and met up with some of my absolute favorite people. Had some fabulous pizza and ice cream with the fabulous Kelly and Sarah. Kelly is off on her Asian adventure soon! I'm excited for her, but also super jealous and sad that I won't get to see her for a long time. And Sarah rocks my face off. I mean, not only is she one of the only people that read this (hey Sarah!) but she's also just all around awesome. And she needs to come visit asap. Anyways, then I met up with Katrina and Jeannie, my wonderful college roomies and we had fun, even though we hung out with slightly awkward boys at a slightly boring bar. I loved hanging out with them though. And I MISS them..and everyone! I hate being out of college and having all my best buds spread out all over the world. :( But I need to get over that...so onto my real life....

We won our first soccer game! Gooooo Grassroots! Well, kind of.... it was raining Monday afternoon, so only three kids showed up. The team we were playing (white team) had a full roster, so we combined with another team (Harris Teeter), who also only had three kids, and played against the white team. Two kids on the other team were a-mazing! Probably better than me. One scored in the first five seconds of the game. So yeah, we won. I am not looking forward to the day we play Harris Teeter though. Maybe it'll be raining again. Their coach said some of the kids had been playing together for three years...since they were three! That's crazy!

Ok, so the ballin part. I went to my kickball meeting and signed up for a softball team! I am a sports coaching/playing fool! Well, I don't know if the softball team is for real yet..but I really hope so because I actually wanted to play softball instead of kickball, but didn't have anyone to play with. But some guys came up to us a the kickoff meeting last night and said they needed more girls for their team, so I offered. The only thing holding me back is the fee, but since they are desperate, I might be able to strike a deal and get some of it paid for. ::fingers crossed::

So, yeah, I'm pretty awesome. The egg donation thing started as well, so I have to give myself injections ever day. It's really not that bad. Needles don't bother me and it doesn't hurt, so I'm doing fine. I just have to remember to do it every day..which might be difficult on the weekends since I have to do it in the morning. Maybe the money will go towards a new car...we'll see. That's not really what I want to spend it on, but I don't know how much longer Ralph is going to make it. Maybe if I wash him more often he'll start behaving. Also, I learned today that one of my roommates not only stole my dental floss, but also broke it. He thought it was his...I guess he figured since he is so awesome and in dental school, he is the only one that flosses. Nay nay friend, I also care about my teeth. Especially after my four cavity visit to the dentist in December. How embarassing is that?

That's all folks. Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. thanks...you rock my face off too. And baby is here, so i'm coming soon!

    ReplyDelete