19 September 2008

Smile, though your heart is aching

So my mom always told me that even when you're really sad, it's best just to pretend that you're happy and fine because eventually you actually will be happy and fine. So that is what I'm going to do. I am only going to share my good news, even though I am not happy nor fine...actually quite the opposite. But moving on. (And, dear readers, don't be too worried...it's just a broken heart. I'll live.)

Moving on, I don't think I shared, but I pretty much got the best sponsor ever for me and JC's U18 soccer team. Ready for it??? Drummmmrooollll......CHIC-FIL-A! YAY! Seriously, how awesome is that? That means we get free food AND a spot on the wall by the bathroom. Bascially, I'm going to be famous, via Chic-Fil-A. Also, our shirts are red, which is my fave color. Only problem is that they give the coaches XL shirts, so it's pretty much a dress on me and I look like an idiot wearing it. And that's irritating because now I have three, nonwearable t-shirts. Our U13 team is Hitt and I have no idea what or who that even is. I know there is a website on our shirts, but I have yet to check it out. And who really cares anyways, because our other team is Chic-Fil-A and that is awesome. Also, our poor little U13 team lost 9-0 at our first game on Monday and it was a diaster. One kid was crying. He played goalie first half and got about 7 goals scored on him. And, as a retired keeper, I know how much that shit sucks. So I feel for him. We switched keepers in the second half and only 2 goals were scored, so that just added insult to injury.

More good news...we got cable! YAY! And don't worry, I took full advantage of it yesterday by watching TV for like, 5 hours straight. Whoa, I know, sad, but I have to make up for lost time. We also got internet, but I couldn't get it to work on my computer. Hopefully we'll get the wireless up and running sometime soon. One step at a time. Isn't that right Jordin?

Hmmm...other good news. There is a possibility I will be getting health benefits here at the pee farm in the near future. Promises have been made before, but fingers crossed that something actually happens this time.

Well, that is about it. I am going to spend the rest of the day smiling really hard. Because maybe tomorrow the sun will come shining through for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment