24 September 2008

Time

Ok, so that title is lame, but I'm feeling lame today so whatever. I am also feeling slightly psycho, so bear with me. This blog is going to be all over the place. So is my life, so it works. But it also makes me out to be a crazy person...but I kind of am, so yeah...shutting up now and moving on. I'll let you decide for yourselves whether or not you should still be my friend/loyal reader, or perhaps distance yourself for fear of catching some of the crazy.

So I've been thinking about time a lot lately. And how sometimes I really wish I had a life rewind button and other times a fast forward one. Today is especially interesting to me because today is the day I came home from Wyoming exactly a year ago. It is absolutely INSANE to me how much happens in a year. One year and everything is different. But at the same time, one year later and so much is the same. It's weird. I don't know if anything else is baffled by change, but it throws me every time. I know I should be used to it by now, but I still am just like, wtf is going on here? And by here, I mean my life. My own life baffles me and I would love to figure it out, but I don't think that is happening anytime soon. Like I said, sometimes I wish I could rewind it so I could go back and revisit happy times. Not that I want to go back and re-live the past...I just want to visit and be really happy again. Because I am not super happy right now. But I think I will be in the future sometime and that is why I want a fast-forward button. Just to by pass all this nonsense and get to the good stuff. However, if anything, I am so glad to be out of Wyoming. So yay for a year separating me and that atrocity.

Also crazy how much changes in a week, or even a day. Just this past weekend I was a sad little ball of pathetic-ness and here I am three days later with a new outlook on life. My problem is that when something bad happens, I freak out and let it ruin my life (temporarily), which includes lots of crying and moping and not eating. Then I eat something, actually get off the couch and life is SO much better. I just let myself forget that everything is going to be ok and nothing is really that bad and I need to shut up and get up. So, readers, next time you hear of me being sad, someone please give me a reality slap, tell me to shut up and force me to eat something and take a walk.

Something random: On facebook the other day (I know, I spend way to much time on there, but I'm addicted and extremely bored at work), I sign on to see" __________ ________ [names extracted to not embarrass people] took the which mighty woman of the Bible are you most like? quiz. Seriously. I seriously signed on to facebook and saw this. And then I died laughing. Facebook is out.of.control. Those quizzes are crazy and how in the world I ended up being facebook friends with someone that would even take such a thing, I don't know. So of course, I decided to take it. I am Deborah. I'm not going to lie, I have no idea who that even is. I thought for sure I was going to be the Virgin Mary, but I was wrong. Here is my little description: "You aren't afraid to speak your mind. You know what you want, and go for it. You are motivated, and you revel in personal victories. You are wise in many ways, and you know well, and trust the God you serve. You are courageous, and can look fear in the face. You are a victor."
Kind of accurate? I guess...I don't know. I feel like such a heathen. Plus I couldn't really answer the questions very honestly because they were things like, "What bible verse do you most relate to?" And since I don't really read the bible, I had to just pick randomly. There was another one, "At a milk n' cookies party, what would you be doing?" Now, I have never been to a milk and cookies party, so I just replaced milk and cookies with fraternity and put me down as "laughing and have a great time!" So I guess that works. The answers were almost as ridiculous as the questions. Do yourself a favor and take the quiz. Then let me know which mighty woman you are and we can be cool and have a discussion or something. Or maybe someone out there can tell me who Deborah is and I'll decide how I feel about her.

Now that I have covered all the crazy bases, I'm going to shut up. Work is almost over (yay!..and yes, I write this at work instead of doing productive things) and I have a soccer game tonight. Gotta get in the zone. Go team Hitt. (Still don't know what Hitt is).

Later dudes.

1 comment:

  1. Deborah was the only female in the Bible to take an all-out, can't-deny religious/government/military leadership role. She was a judge of the people of Israel, i.e. a person with great wisdom and respect who settled disputes (like today's judges sans lawyers and juries). She was also a prophetess, which meant that God spoke to his people through her. Her particular claim to fame was leading the people of Israel to victory over the group of people (called the Canaanites) that was ruling over them cruelly. For the record, the male military leader involved in the same story was scared to go into battle without her. You can read the story in the Bible in Judges 4:1-5:31. Here's a link for that passage:
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Judges%204:1-5:31;&version=31;

    Hope that helps. I found your blog by searching for the quiz name in google. I too got an invitation to the Facebook quiz, but I prefer to take quizzes on a different site than Facebook. Anyway, if you have any more questions about Deborah, feel free to send them my way.

    ReplyDelete